[robotics-worldwide] WAFR 2006 extension

Wes Huang whuang at cs.rpi.edu
Tue Feb 14 11:32:04 PST 2006

We know you've been wondering how you can possibly find the time to
celebrate Valentine's day when WAFR 2006 papers are due tomorrow.

We have therefore extended the deadline until Friday February 24!

Looking forward to your submissions (and happy Valentine's day!)

Srinivas Akella
Nancy Amato
Wes Huang
Bud Mishra

wafr-chairs at wafr.org

http://www.wafr.org/

The Workshop on the Algorithmic Foundations of Robotics (WAFR) 2006
will be held in New York City on July 16-18, 2006.  WAFR is a
single-track workshop with submitted and invited papers on advances on
algorithmic problems in robotics.

The topics of interest are very broad since the focus of WAFR is on
algorithm development and analysis rather than specific problems or
applications.  Increasingly, robotics algorithms are finding use in
areas far beyond the traditional scope of robots.

Therefore, while we encourage submissions on "fundamental" topics such
as complexity, completeness, and computational geometry, we also
welcome papers in applications such as computational biology, virtual
environments, sensor networks, manufacturing, and medical robotics.
Papers on algorithmic developments in "traditional" areas of robotics,
such as motion planning, manipulation, sensing, and mobile robotics,
as well as papers in newer areas such as distributed robotics and
simultaneous localization and mapping, are also encouraged.

We've been putting together a slate of invited speakers who can
reflect on past achievements and future opportunities in robotics.
Our invited speakers currently include:

 - James Gimzewski, UCLA
 - Jessica K. Hodgins, CMU
 - Jean-Claude Latombe, Stanford