[robotics-worldwide] SUMMER SCHOOL ON HUMANOID ROBOTS

Angel P. del Pobil pobil at icc.uji.es
Fri Jun 23 06:31:48 PDT 2006

                 SUMMER SCHOOL ON HUMANOID ROBOTS

                            IURS-2006
              6th International UJI Robotics School
      Sponsored by EURON - European Robotics Research Network

           http://www.robot.uji.es/research/events/iurs06/

                      September, 18-22, 2006
                    Bonaire Hotel, Benicassim
                              SPAIN

For the 6th edition of its international summer school, the
Robotic Intelligence Lab of Jaume-I University, in collaboration with the
University of Karlsruhe, and sponsored by  EURON
the European Robotics Research Network, organizes
a summer school  on the design,
building and use of HUMANOID ROBOTS.

LECTURERS

>  Ruediger Dillmann (Universiteat Karlsruhe, Germany)
>  Paolo Dario (Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Italy)
>  Mitsuo Kawato* (ATR Comp. Neuroscience Laboratories, Japan)
>  Giulio Sandini (Università di Genova, Italy)
>  Carlos Balaguer (Universidad Carlos III, Spain)
>  Ales Ude (Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia)
>  Roderic Grupen (University of Massachussets, USA)
>  Tamim Asfour (Universität Karlsruhe, Germany)
			* pendant confirmation

The attention of the robotics community has been drawn more and more
to humanoid robots in the last years. Their design, building and
applications address many interesting research challenges such as biped
walking, human-robot interaction, autonomy, interaction with
unstructured and unknown environments, and many others. The
goal of this school is to give the students a general background of
the main aspects for building a humanoid robot and the "intelligent"
skills required by such kind of robots in their usual, human-centered
environments.

Graduate robotics students will have a unique training opportunity in
this emergent and fast-evolving domain, closely interacting for one
week with some of the top-level researchers in the world in this
field, as well as with fellow students.

The school will take place in a cosy hotel on the Mediterranean coast.
Attendance is limited to 40 students. Registration fee is 300 euros
for students coming from EURON institutions, covering course material,
accommodation and meals.

Main topics of the school will be:

* Humanoid robot building:
	- Anthropomorphic arm/hands
	- Biped locomotion
	- Robot heads
* Advanced skills
	- Dexterous manipulation.
	- Advanced stereo vision.
	- Skill learning
* Human robot cooperation
	- Learning by demonstration
	- Language acquisition
	- Gestual communication

Organization
General Chair: Angel P. del Pobil, Universitat Jaime I, Spain
Organization Chair: Antonio Morales, Universitat Jaume I, Spain
Program Chairs:
	Rüdiger Dillmann, Universität Karlsruhe, Germany
	Antonio Morales, Universitat Jaume I, Spain
	Pedro J. Sanz, Universitat Jaume I, Spain

For further information and registration please check the web site:
http://www.robot.uji.es/lab/plone/events/iurs06

For any question you can contact the organization through this e-mail:
iurs06 at uji.es

You can download a pdf version of this call from:
http://www.robot.uji.es/lab/plone/events/iurs06/call_iurs06.pdf