[robotics-worldwide] Position: Robotics Engineering Program Professor and Program Director

Michael A. Demetriou mdemetri at WPI.EDU
Fri Nov 3 10:07:16 PST 2006

Dear Colleagues,

I wanted to bring this opportunity to your attention.
Please feel free to distribute.

Sincerely,
M.A. Demetriou

Robotics Engineering Program Professor and Program Director

THE WPI ROBOTICS ENGINEERING PROGRAM is looking for an outstanding
faculty member for a tenure-track position at the Associate Professor
level to serve as the Program Director starting in the Fall of 2007.
Candidates should have a PhD, extensive experience in Robotics, and
demonstrated excellence in research and teaching.

The Robotics Engineering Program is a joint venture by the Computer
Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering
Departments.  The Program comprises over 20 associated faculty and staff
from these departments, and plans to hire additional tenure-track
faculty.  Please refer to our web site at
http://www.wpi.edu/Academics/Majors/RBE/ for complete information.

The Program Director is expected to play an active role in all aspects
of the curriculum of the Robotics Engineering Program, lead a vigorous
externally funded research effort, develop external relations, and
recruit additional faculty.

WPI is an elite national university with an enrollment of 3,700,
including 1,000 graduate students. It has a core focus on engineering,
science and the management of technology, and grants degrees at the
Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral levels in more than 30 disciplines.
WPI's acclaimed and long-standing project-based undergraduate curriculum
is singled out by professional societies as a model program. That
curriculum, combined with a significant graduate program, offers faculty
a unique balance between research and teaching.

WPI is in Worcester, Massachusetts, the second largest city in
Massachusetts and the third largest in New England. It is approximately
one hour from both Boston and Providence; cultural and recreational
resources abound in the region.  The UMass Medical Center and large
number of technology companies, colleges, and universities in the
immediate area make it ideal for dual career families.

To apply, submit detailed Research and Teaching Statements, Curriculum
Vitae, and the names, postal addresses, and email addresses of at least
five references.  Applications and any questions about the hiring
process should be addressed to: robotics-recruit at wpi.edu

For full consideration, applications should be received by 01/31/2007.

To enrich education through diversity, WPI is an affirmative action,
equal opportunity employer.

|Michael A. Demetriou (Ph.D.), Associate Professor  |
|Associate Editor, IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control |
|Department of Mechanical Engineering               |
|Worcester Polytechnic Institute                    |
|100 Institute Road                                 |
|Worcester, MA 01609-2280, USA                      |
|Tel: (508) 831-5459, Fax: (508) 831-5680           |
|mdemetri at wpi.edu, http://www.me.wpi.edu/Demetriou/ |
|  "Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"             |