[robotics-worldwide] CFP for European Conference on Mobile Robots (ECMR) 2007, September 19-21, Freiburg

Horst-Michael Gross Horst-Michael.Gross at tu-ilmenau.de
Sun Nov 12 11:28:44 PST 2006

             C A L L   F O R   P A P E R S

                       ECMR 2007

       3rd European Conference on Mobile Robots

          http://ecmr07.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/

Important Dates
***************
Paper submissions:    April 16, 2007 (hard deadline)
Notification:         May 28, 2007
Camera-ready copy:    June 29, 2007
Conference:           September 19-21, 2007

Location
********
University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany

Description
***********
The primary aim of ECMR is to establish a biannual European forum,
internationally open, allowing researchers through Europe to become
acquainted with the latest accomplishments and innovations in advanced
mobile robotics and mobile human-robot systems.  The first ECMR meeting
was held in September 2003 in Radziejowice, Poland, followed by ECMR in
September 2005 in Ancona, Italy. ECMR'07 is aimed at continuing this
policy. It especially seeks to attract young researchers to present
their work to an international audience.

ECMR'07 will provide a keynote session and original presentations about
research in progress. It will be organized in single track mode to favor
discussions. The keynote speech will be given by Roland Siegwart,
Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering, Autonomous Systems
Chair, ETH Zurich, Switzerland.

Paper Submissions
*****************
Papers containing original and unpublished work are solicited in all
areas of mobile robotics and human-robot systems, including (but not
limited to) the following:

- robot perception, multi-sensor fusion
- map building, localization
- navigation, obstacle avoidance, exploration
- behavior-based and cognitive robotics
- path and task planning, multi-robot systems
- learning and adaptation for robotic systems
- vision-based approaches, multi-modal human-robot interaction
- human-centered and assistive robots
- advanced robot applications in real-world environments, etc.

Authors are invited to submit original contributions in English not
exceeding 6 pages (including figures) of the two-column conference
format available at the conference web site.
Papers should be submitted as PDF file using the upload form available
via the conference web site.

Organizing Committee
********************

General Chair:
Wolfram Burgard, University of Freiburg

Program Chair:
Horst-Michael Gross, Ilmenau Technical University

Conference Board:
A. Borkowski (PL), W. Burgard (D), P. Zingaretti (I)

Program Committee:
K.O. Arras (CH), S. Behnke (D), M. Bennewitz (D)
H.-J. Boehme (D), A. Bonarini (I), A. Borkowski (PL)
R. Cassinis (I), R. Chatila (F), A. Chella (I)
J.A. Cetto (ES), M. Devy (F), J. Dias (P)
R. Dillmann (D), T. Duckett (UK), U. Frese (D)
E. Frontoni (I), P. Jensfelt (S), A. Kasinski (PL)
A. Knoll (D), B. Kroese (NL), J.M.M. Montiel (ES)
D. Nardi (I), U. Nehmzow (UK), M. Niedzwiecki (PL)
D. Schulz (D), C. Stachniss (CH), K. Tchon (PL)
P. Trahanias (GR), P. Zingaretti (I)

Paper publication
All papers will be reviewed by at least two members of the Program
Committee. Accepted papers will be published in the conference
proceedings, available upon arrival at the meeting. As in the past, it
is planned to publish expanded and revised versions of selected papers
in a special issue of an international robotics journal.

Best Regards,

Horst-Michael Gross
Program Chair ECMR 2007
Ilmenau Technical University