[robotics-worldwide] Open Research Positions at Unilever, UK

Speranzon, Alberto Alberto.Speranzon at unilever.com
Mon Nov 13 03:47:38 PST 2006

Two experienced researcher positions (approximately 18 to 24 months duration) within the framework of the European Marie Curie Host TOK-DEV programme “Biomimetic Robotic Systems for Product Development", at Unilever R&D, Port Sunlight.

1. Research Opportunities for Mechanical, Control and Electrical Engineers

       Successful candidates will have a background in sensors, control systems, robotics with a relevant degree and PhD or proven experience in the relevant area, in addition to their degree. Relevant degrees would be in the disciplines of for example, engineering, physics, mathematics, cybernetics, biomimetics or robotics.

2. Research Opportunity in Stochastic Modelling/Data Analysis

       Successful candidates will have a background in stochastic modelling and data analysis with a relevant degree and PhD or proven experience in the relevant area, in addition to their degree. Relevant degrees would be in the disciplines of statistics, mathematics, engineering, or any other where stochastic modelling and data analysis play a major part.

Project Outline

       Unilever is establishing a new capability in biomimetic robotics. Under the European Marie Curie Host TOK-DEV programme, experienced researchers are being recruited to work with Unilever R&D scientists, forming part of a strong multidisciplinary team that will bring biomimetic robotics research to bear on product design in the Home and Personal Care industry.

About Unilever

       Our mission is to add vitality to life - and we do this by helping people feel good, look good and get more out of life. We make and market products in the foods and home & personal care sectors across the world. In fact brands such as Dove, Magnum, Hellmann’s, Persil, Signal, Mentadent, Domestos, Cif and Lynx are used by over half the families in the world every day. But although we’re very successful, we can’t be complacent. And we work hard to develop new products, improve established brands and pioneer more creative and flexible ways of working.

Closing Date for applications:
       10th December, 2006.

Salary:
       €52.5K per annum pro rata + allowances

Candidates must be eligible according to the EU Marie-Curie scheme guidelines:
http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/fp6/mariecurie-actions/indexhtm_en.html

Please find a full descriptions of the opportunities and how to apply at:
http://www.go-ucmds.com/careers/jobview.asp?Job_ID=112822
http://www.go-ucmds.com/careers/jobview.asp?Job_ID=112823