[robotics-worldwide] Faculty positions at MIT Media Lab

Cory D. Kidd coryk at media.mit.edu
Thu Nov 30 09:17:49 PST 2006

MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Tenure Track Faculty Positions within The Media Laboratory

At the MIT Media Laboratory, we are looking for new faculty members who
will enable significant leaps beyond our existing relationships with
technology – individuals ready to radically change life in the digital
age for the better.

Candidates for Media Lab faculty positions should be individuals who
would thrive in a collaborative, innovation-driven research environment
that integrates multiple disciplines and encourages extreme creativity.
Applicants should have demonstrated expertise in the design,
exploration, and implementation of emerging technologies in areas such
as: healthcare; massive, multiplayer online systems; computing for the
developing world; biomachinery; learning and creativity; robotic
systems; or other humanistic endeavors in technology development.

We are looking for applicants with strong communication and leadership
skills who have a passion for people. Responsibilities include:
initiating a research program, supervising a team of graduate and
undergraduate researchers, and teaching (graduate and undergraduate).
Candidates should have a doctorate (or equivalent), a strong record of
research, and teaching experience at the university level. Appointments
will be within the MIT Media Arts and Sciences academic program, and
will be principally at the assistant professor level.

Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a short bio with a
concise summary of their research interests to:

Faculty Search Committee
MIT Media Laboratory, E15-401
20 Ames Street
Cambridge, MA 02139-4307

For electronic submission please visit http://facultysearch.media.mit.edu

The Media Laboratory and the Program in Media Arts and Sciences are
dedicated to the goal of building a diverse faculty and strongly
encourage applications from qualified women and members of
under-represented groups.

MIT is an equal-opportunity/affirmative-action employer.
MIT is a non-smoking environment.

--
Cory Kidd
Robotic Life Group