[robotics-worldwide] CFP: special IJRR issue on self-reconfigurable modular robots

Mark Moll moll at ISI.EDU
Mon Sep 4 18:49:45 PDT 2006

The International Journal of Robotics Research (IJRR) is creating a
special issue from the "Self-Reconfigurable Modular Robots" workshop
at the Robotics: Science & Systems 2006 Conference. Publication is
planned for Autumn 2007. However, we would like to extend an
invitation to others who were not able to attend this workshop to
submit their best original work for this issue. Please let us know if
you accept our invitation by 30 SEPTEMBER 2006;
please email Jennet Batten, IJRR Managing Editor, with your decision:
jennet at robots.ox.ac.uk.*
Submissions are due 30 OCTOBER 2006.

Multimedia
----------
We would also like to invite you to consider submitting a multimedia
extension(s) to your paper. IJRR is committed to the introduction of
multimedia content as a means of enhancing traditional printed
papers. Robotics, by its nature, is well suited to multimedia
presentation as evidenced by the very large number of video tapes
shown at our conferences and workshops. Submission guidelines for
both papers and multimedia content for IJRR can be found at the
following website: http://www.ijrr.org
There you can also view papers with multimedia content that have
already been published. All papers will be subjected to the normal
Journal review process, i.e., reviewed by 2 referees. We aim to get
decisions back to you in 6 - 8 weeks. The proposed schedule is:

Below is the schedule:
Response to invitation	30 September 2006
Submissions due             30 October    2006
Decisions to authors            31 January     2007
Revised versions
     (where necessary)           28 February    2007
Final versions                  31 March    2007
Publication                     Early Autumn       2007

Yours sincerely,
Mark Moll
Guest Editor: International Journal of Robotics Research
Editor: John Hollerbach,
School of Computer Science, University of Utah
* NOTE. Please address all correspondence regarding
submissions to:
Jennet Batten (jennet at robots.ox.ac.uk)
IJRR, Managing Editor

Mark Moll
--
http://www.isi.edu/~moll
USC/ISI, 4676 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, CA 90292