[robotics-worldwide] Software Developer Robotic Machine Control San Jose CA

joe.connell at comcast.net joe.connell at comcast.net
Thu Aug 16 08:56:11 PDT 2007

Thank you for the opportunity to post this position. The last time I posted a position I received a lot of resumes and hired a great engineer. Please review the job description and forward your resume to
joe.connell at comcast dot net
Thank you
Joe

Software Development Engineer Robotic Machine Control

Software Development Engineer to join our outstanding Automation Software Development Team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, with the ability to work comfortably on both individual- and team-oriented projects.

Responsibilities
•This individual will work closely with the Mechanical and Electrical engineering teams to define and implement all aspects of machine controls, operator interfaces, and data reporting as a part of our custom factory automation solutions.
• The ability to understand and evaluate interfaces between hardware mechanisms and software control will be required to develop overall system and I/O requirements.
• Primary responsibilities will include software design, coding, testing, and debugging of a diverse range of machine control platforms.
• Contribution to the development of new / improved automation concepts.
• Provide internal and external customer software support when necessary.

Qualifications
Education:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.

Minimum Requirements:
• Knowledge of Galil Motion Control
• Minimum of 5 years' machine control programming experience required in either or all of the following:
Servo / Stepper drive systems
Discrete I/O control applications
Robotics or Machine Vision applications
PC Control systems
Embedded machine control
•Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio or .Net required
• Ability to provide clear and concise communication of product concepts and engineering requirements
• Ability to follow both written and verbal direction, and to ask questions when needed
• Willingness to exercise considerable independent judgment
• A desire to work within the automation industry and see projects through to completion
• Must be willing to travel as required ~ 6 weeks / year
• Ability to work in a clean room environment. Class 1 to Class 1000. This may be required during the installation and support of existing and new projects on our customer floors.
• Machine, software troubleshooting abilities

Desired Requirements:
• Direct experience programming for robotics and or machine vision applications
• Human/Machine Interface application design and development
• Ethernet networking experience
• Serial communication using Barcode Readers, RFID or other peripheral devices
• PLC, V+, C++, C#, C, VB, Java, XML programming experience a plus