[robotics-worldwide] Grant available for senior robotics researcher to visit Australian robotics lab

Jonathan Roberts Jonathan.Roberts at csiro.au
Wed Aug 22 23:20:21 PDT 2007

Expressions of Interest sought - Distinguished Visiting Scientists to
CSIRO ICT Centre Autonomous Systems Lab, Brisbane, Australia

The Autonomous Systems Lab is seeking Expressions of Interest from
distinguished researchers from around the world to visit our Brisbane
facilities and work with our researchers and students for a 6 or 12
month period.

A grant is available for the visiting scientist.
- $AUS15,000 for a 6 month visit
- $AUS30,000 for a 12 month visit

To be considered for a grant under this competitive scheme, the visiting
scientist should be:

- a leading researcher in the area of field robotics;
- have a specific collaborative research project on which they
   will work with CSIRO scientists;
- be willing to deliver a number of seminars during their stay.

The team is particularly interested in working with researchers in the
following areas:

- SLAM
- Vision-based localisation
- Outdoor ground vehicle navigation
- Underwater localisation and navigation
- Autonomous excavation
- Rotary UAVs for inspection tasks
- Tele-robotics

Please send an email to Jonathan Roberts (jonathan.roberts at csiro.au) by
Monday 3rd SEPTEMBER, 2007 expressing your interest. Please include in
your email the proposed work area, when you would like to come and also
attach a CV/Resume.

CSIRO, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation,
is Australia's national science agency and one of the largest and most
diverse research agencies in the world.

The CSIRO Autonomous Systems Laboratory is creating robots and
sensor/agent networks for real-world environments. The Laboratory is
developing technologies to improve our way of life:
     * managing the environment
     * removing workers from hazardous environments
The robotics team is located in Brisbane, Queensland - state of the
Great Barrier Reef and endless sunshine.

Jonathan Roberts
--
Jonathan Roberts
Science Leader - Robotics

Post: P.O. Box 883, Kenmore, Qld 4069, Australia
Office: QCAT, 1 Technology Court, Pullenvale, Qld 4069
T: +61 7 3327-4501 F: +61 7 3327-4455
www.ict.csiro.au