[robotics-worldwide] AAAI-2008 track on Integrated Intelligence

Alan C. Schultz alan.schultz at nrl.navy.mil
Thu Dec 20 16:57:08 PST 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I'm writing to encourage you to submit a paper to the AAAI-2008
track on Integrated Intelligence, which Pat Langley and I are
co-chairing this year. You will find the call for papers at

   http://www.aaai.org/Conferences/AAAI/2008/aaai08ii.php

but, briefly, this is a special track designed for publication of
research that moves beyond component algorithms and brings the
field closer to the vision of complete intelligent systems.

The main requirements for publication are that papers describe
the integration of two or more facets of intelligence and that
they demonstrate clear synergy among the components. Well
integrated robotic systems fall within the interest of this special
track, as does human-robot interaction. There's room
for many different approaches to integration, capabilities that
are integrated, and styles of evaluation. This year the track
has its own reviewers, so submissions should get fair treatment.

I know that, unlike many AI researchers, you and your colleagues
develop integrated systems, so I hope you will consider seriously
submitting one or more papers. The deadline is rapidly approaching,
with abstracts due on Thursday, January 25, and papers due on
Tuesday, January 30, but there is still time to prepare.

We need high-quality submissions if we want the track to influence
the field, so I hope you can help by sending us a paper on your
recent research. Please feel free to forward this message to others
who you think could contribute.

Best regards,

--Alan Schultz