[robotics-worldwide] IEEE RO-MAN 2007] Paper Submission
Deadline:February 15th, 2007
roman at ro-man2007.org
Sun Feb 4 18:45:36 PST 2007
16th IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive
(IEEE RO-MAN 2007)
Location: The Shilla Jeju Hotel, Jeju Island, Korea
Dates: August 26-29, 2007
Website: http://www.ro-man2007.org <http://www.ro-man2007.org/>
[Conference Theme] Toward the Era of Human-Robot Symbiosis
* Fundamental Interaction Components
- Auditory cognition: cognition/interpretation of voice, sound, or
- Visual sensing and cognition: gesture, posture, face, facial
- Novel interfaces and interaction modalities
- Motion planning and navigation in the vicinity of humans
- Haptic interaction
- Robot software architecture and development tools
* Intelligence and Emotion
- Motivations and emotions in robots
- Machine learning and adaptation in human-robot interaction
- Knowledge and inference processing
- Context awareness and intention understanding
* Social /Ethical/Aesthetic Issues
- Sociality/personality of robots or virtual characters
- Innovative robot designs for human-robot interaction
- Human factors and ergonomics in human-robot interaction
- Evaluation methods and new methodologies
* Case Studies and Applications
- Robotic companions and social robots
- Assistive robotics for supporting the elderly or peple with special
- Robots in art, education and entertainment
- Virtual and augmented tele-presence applications
- Androids and other applications
Proposals for Organized Special Sessions & Tutorials: January 15, 2007
Submission of Full Papers: February 15, 2007
Notification of Acceptance: April 10, 2007
Submission of Camera-ready Papers: May 10, 2007
IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IES)
IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society (SMC)
IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS)
Robotics Society of Japan (RSJ)
Korea Robotics Society (KRS)
[Tutorial & Special Session]
* Tutorial Session
We are accepting proposals for half-day tutorials relevant to the themes of
IEEE RO-MAN 2007 to be held during the conference (26th~29th August 2007).
Please submit the following information (2 pages maximum) to IEEE RO-MAN
2007 Secretariat (roman at ro-man2007.org) no later than January 15th, 2007.
- Title of tutorial
- Tutorial speaker(s), including short CVs
- Motivation/Background (half page)
- Structure/Overview of tutorial including topics covered
- Links and references relevant to the tutorial
- Any other relevant material
* Special Session
IEEE RO-MAN 2007 is inviting proposals for organized sessions. Please submit
the following information to IEEE RO-MAN 2007 Secretariat
(roman at ro-man2007.org) as soon as possible no later than January 15th, 2007.
- Organizer(s) of special session
- Proposed theme of special session
- One paragraph motivating the relevance of theme to IEEE RO-MAN 2007
- List of 4-5 proposed contributions, including planned titles of paragraph
short abstracts of papers.
Compare to the regular papers, two slots will be allocated for the invited
speeches. Also, the organizer will control other presenters in the session.
Double track special sessions (8-10 papers) will also be considered but
should be discussed with the program chairs. If accepted, the organizers of
the special session are responsible for high-quality peer-review of the
submitted papers according to IEEE standards (2-3 anonymous peer-review,
using the IEEE RO-MAN 2007 review criteria and any additional criteria
particular to the special session). Additional reviewers will be
acknowledged in the proceedings.
The On-line Submission Program will be available at the web site of RO-MAN
Please visit the web-site, www.ro-man2007.org <http://www.ro-man2007.org/>
[Demo & Poster Session]
IEEE RO-MAN 2007 invites proposals for DEMO & POSTER Sessions.
Please submit the following information to The IEEE RO-MAN 2007 Secretariat
(roman at ro-man2007.org) no later than April 30th, 2007.
The purpose of the session is to provide an interactive demonstration using
multimedia tools or real demonstration of research outcomes related HRIC
(Human-Robot Interactive Communication). The audience can try and feel the
demonstration in the same space with the presenter and the presenter will
have chance to discuss with the conference participants for feedback. Any
form of demonstration will be welcomed but the equipments of the
demonstration should have hand carry size for domestic or international
< Who has to & How to participate in >
individual researcher are able to participate in the DEMO & POSTER Sessions.
- As a result of the research related HRIC (Human-Robot Interactive
Communication), it should be capable for hand-carrying.
- Submit the summary (1-2 pages) with Photo, or Movie Clip (any form of
- The abstract of company can obtain the public relations effect of their
products with Committee's review.
- At the committee meeting on May 10th, 2007, there will be the decision of
accepted papers. The accepted Poster & Demo Session paper has to be
submitted with Regular paper or Extended abstract (2pages)
[Robot Design Contest 2007]
<Submission of a Short Summary of Your Poster>
Because a limited number of poster boards are available, a pre-selection
based on novelty of the ideas and relevance to the conference will be made.
In order to select posters which will be exhibited at the conference, we
need a short summary of your poster briefly outlining the initial idea that
will be further elaborated on the final poster.
The summary should be text (up to 500 words) and one picture of your robot
(up to 3 MB, the format of the picture should be a JPEG or a GIF). The
summary should provide sufficient details about the objectives, the concept,
the size and appearance of the robot, and functionalities as well as
communicative and interactive abilities of the robot.
The summary should be sent by an e-mail to <mailto:mskim at kaist.ac.kr>
mskim at kaist.ac.kr. The picture should be attached, but the text should not
be attached but be in the e-mail.
<August 26 to 29, 2007 (during the conference)>
Exhibition of Posters and Announcement of the Three Best Posters
The accepted posters will be on display during the conference.
Among the exhibited posters, the three best posters will be announced at the
conference, and their designers will have an opportunity to present their
work to the IEEE RO-MAN06 audience.
For more details, please contact RO-MAN 2007 secretariat,
roman at ro-man2007.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the robotics-worldwide