[robotics-worldwide] Second CfP for European Conference on Mobile Robots (ECMR) 2007, Sept. 19-21, Freiburg

horst-michael.gross at tu-ilmenau.de horst-michael.gross at tu-ilmenau.de
Mon Feb 26 21:26:26 PST 2007

      S E C O N D   C A L L   F O R   P A P E R S

                      ECMR 2007

      3rd European Conference on Mobile Robots

         http://ecmr07.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/

Important Dates
***************
Paper submissions:    April 16, 2007
Notification:         May 28, 2007
Camera-ready copy:    June 29, 2007
Conference:           September 19-21, 2007

Location
********
University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany

Description
***********
ECMR is a biannual European forum, internationally open, allowing researchers to
become acquainted with the latest accomplishments and innovations in advanced
mobile robotics and mobile human-robot systems. The first ECMR meeting was held
in September 2003 in Radziejowice, Poland, followed by ECMR in September 2005 in
Ancona, Italy. ECMR'07 is aimed at continuing this policy. It especially seeks
to attract young researchers to present their work to an international
audience.

ECMR'07 will provide a keynote session and original presentations about research
in progress. It will be organized in single track mode to favor discussions. The
keynote speech will be given by Roland Siegwart, Department of Mechanical and
Process Engineering, Autonomous Systems Chair, ETH Zurich, Switzerland.

Paper Submissions
*****************
Papers containing original and unpublished work are solicited in all areas of
mobile robotics and human-robot systems, including (but not limited to) the
following:

- robot perception, multi-sensor fusion
- map building, localization, SLAM
- navigation, obstacle avoidance, exploration
- behavior-based and cognitive robotics
- path and task planning
- multi-robot systems
- learning and adaptation for robotic systems
- vision-based approaches
- multi-modal human-robot interaction
- human-centered and assistive robots
- advanced robot applications in real-world environments, etc.

Authors are invited to submit original contributions in English not exceeding 6
pages (including figures) of the two-column conference format available at the
conference web site. Papers must be submitted as PDF file using the web-based
submission system available via the conference web site.

Organizing Committee
********************

General Chair:
Wolfram Burgard, University of Freiburg

Program Chair:
Horst-Michael Gross, Ilmenau Technical University

Conference Board:
A. Borkowski (PL), W. Burgard (D), P. Zingaretti (I)

Program Committee:
K.O. Arras (CH), S. Behnke (D), M. Bennewitz (D)
H.-J. Boehme (D), A. Bonarini (I), A. Borkowski (PL)
R. Cassinis (I), R. Chatila (F), A. Chella (I)
J.A. Cetto (ES), M. Devy (F), J. Dias (P)
R. Dillmann (D), T. Duckett (UK), U. Frese (D)
E. Frontoni (I), P. Jensfelt (S), A. Kasinski (PL)
A. Knoll (D), B. Kroese (NL), J.M.M. Montiel (ES)
D. Nardi (I), U. Nehmzow (UK), M. Niedzwiecki (PL)
D. Schulz (D), C. Stachniss (CH), K. Tchon (PL)
P. Trahanias (GR), P. Zingaretti (I)

Paper publication
All papers will be reviewed by at least two members of the Program Committee.
Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, available upon
arrival at the meeting. As in the past, it is planned to publish expanded and
revised versions of the best papers in a special issue of an international
robotics journal.

Best Regards,

Horst-Michael Gross
Program Chair ECMR 2007