[robotics-worldwide] Job Opportunity at Scientific Systems Company,
andrew.bennett at ssci.com
Fri Nov 16 06:59:36 PST 2007
Title: Senior Research Engineer
Company: Scientific Systems Company, Inc.
Location: MA - Woburn (Boston Metro Area)
Scientific Systems Company, Inc. (SSCI) is a leading provider of Research & Development / Systems Integration services and software solutions to the Aerospace, Marine and Defense industries. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in the metro-Boston area, SSCI is among the Top 20 companies in highly competitive Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program and is currently growing its revenues at an annualized rate of 30-40%. The company has long standing relationships with all major branches of the U.S Department of Defense, NASA, and many of the leading prime contractors, including Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and Lockheed Martin.
SSCI seeks strong candidates for the Intelligent and Unmanned Systems Engineering team.
We seek team members who will contribute to analysis, design (algorithms), and prototype software engineering, integration, and test of autonomous data / information processing, and unmanned systems. Our autonomy work is fielded on a variety of unmanned Air, Surface, Submarine and ground vehicles, including cooperative teams of vehicle spanning multiple classes.
Research staff at SSCI are encouraged and supported in the pursuit of their areas of interest. Salary is competitive with market rates + there is a significant incentive for new business development. In addition, employee will also participate in SSCIs generous benefits package, which includes an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Bonus plan, Profit Sharing, 401K, and Health / Life / Disability Insurance.
The ideal candidate will exhibit drive, motivation, and initiative, and possess strong leadership, teamwork, and communication skills. Specific qualifications include:
* PhD, or MS with over 4 years of experience in Robotic Systems, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Development or Systems Engineering
* Dissertation and/or demonstrated expertise in the following areas: autonomous or intelligent systems (especially robotics or unmanned systems planning and control), optimization, sensor and data fusion, distributed estimation, and systems identification.
* Effective proposal writing skills or willingness to learn
* Experience with systems analysis/design and software engineering e.g. MATLAB, Simulink/Stateflow, Real-time Workshop, C, C++
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong work ethic and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
* Eligibility to work in the United States (Citizenship or Permanent Residency)
* Experience in real-time software engineering for mission planning
* Experience with unmanned land, air, surface or underwater vehicles
* Experience with systems and software engineering processes (software planning, design, development tools, configuration management, test and QA methods)
* U.S. Citizenship and eligibility for DoD Security Clearance
If interested, please send a resume to:
Ms. Patricia Kelly, Human Resources Coordinator
Tel: (781) 933-5355
Fax: (781) 938-4752
E-Mail: info at ssci.com
Many more robot-related positions are available. Please visit www.ssci.com for details.
Andrew Bennett, Ph.D.
Senior Director of Research
Scientific Systems Company Inc.
500 W Cummings Park
Woburn, MA 01801
Tel: (617) 933-5355
More information about the robotics-worldwide