[robotics-worldwide] Final Call for Workshops and Tutorials - Robotics: Science and Systems 2008

Charlie Kemp charlie.kemp at bme.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 29 20:14:03 PST 2007

Final Call for Workshop and Tutorial Proposals
Robotics: Science and Systems
June 25-28, 2008
ETH Zurich, Switzerland
http://www.robotics-conference.org

Important Dates:

December 15, 2007    submission deadline for the proposed topic
January 31, 2008     submission deadline for the full proposal
June 28, 2008        workshops and tutorials take place

The Organizing Committee for the 2008 Robotics: Science and Systems
Conference (RSS 2008) requests proposals for full and half-day workshops
and tutorials to be held on Saturday, June 28, 2008 at ETH Zurich. This
day of workshops and tutorials will follow the main conference, which
takes place from June 25-27. RSS brings together researchers working on
algorithmic or mathematical foundations of robotics, robotic
applications, and the analysis of robotic systems. The workshops and
tutorials have consistently provided high-quality, topically-focused
forums for researchers at the forefront of robotics.

Submissions:

We request that workshop and tutorial organizers initially email a
brief, single-paragraph description of the proposed topic and a list of
organizers by December 15, 2007 to rss08workshops at bme.gatech.edu. Full
proposals for review will be due by January 31, 2008. The full proposal
submission should include a title, an abstract appropriate for promotion
of the event on the RSS website, a description of the proposed content,
a plan for soliciting participation, a tentative schedule, and expected
requirements for space and equipment. We expect full proposals to be
approximately 2 pages in length. Full proposals will be reviewed on a
rolling basis, so we encourage early submissions.

We recommend that workshops and tutorials be designed to promote
discussion among the participants. Priority will be given to proposals
that effectively address this issue.

Previous Workshops and Tutorials:

Examples of previous workshops and tutorials with websites and online
schedules can be found through the following links:

http://rss2007.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/workshoplist.shtml
http://robotics.cs.brown.edu/rss06/workshop_descriptions.shtml
http://robotics.cs.umass.edu/rss05/workshop_descriptions.html

Contact:

Submissions         rss08workshops at bme.gatech.edu
Inquiries           rss08workshops at bme.gatech.edu
Workshop Chair      Charlie Kemp, Georgia Tech