[robotics-worldwide] Faculty Positions

Jing Xiao xiao at uncc.edu
Fri Oct 26 20:17:44 PDT 2007

*Open Faculty Positions in Computer Science*

The Department of Computer Science at the University of North Carolina
at Charlotte invites applications for two tenure track faculty
positions, one at Assistant Professor and one at Associate Professor
rank. The successful candidate should have an earned doctorate in
computer science or a related area, a strong record of externally funded
research (commensurate with rank), and a commitment to teaching as an
essential component of scholarship.
We are especially interested in candidates in the areas of robotics,
knowledge discovery and data mining, and music information retrieval.
However, exceptional candidates in any area that complements our current
research strengths will be considered. The first application deadline is
January 31, 2008. If not filled, applications will be reviewed weekly
thereafter until the search is closed.

The Department of Computer Science, located within the College of
Computing and Informatics, has approximately 350 undergraduate computer
science majors, 140 MS students and 60 Ph.D. students.  Our current
research strengths are in visualization, analysis, and management of
data; intelligent, robotic, and interactive systems; game design and
programming; and wireless and mobile ad hoc networks.

Applications must be submitted electronically at http://jobs.uncc.edu
and should include a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and the
names and contact information of at least three references.  The
University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an EOE/AA employer and an
ADVANCE Institution.  For additional information or inquiry,  contact
cs-search at uncc.edu (effective Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2007).

--
Jing Xiao
Professor of Computer Science