[robotics-worldwide] M.S.E. in Robotics at the University of
pappasg at ee.upenn.edu
Tue Sep 11 06:27:04 PDT 2007
The GRASP Lab at the University of Pennsylvania invites applications for the
second class for the Masters of Science and Engineering in Robotics. The
academic mission of this exciting program is the education of next
generation engineers in the interdisciplinary science and technology of
robotic and intelligent machines.
This multi-departmental, multi-disciplinary program provides an ideal
preparation for industrial jobs in robotics, defense, aerospace, medical
device, and automotive industries as well as various government agencies. In
addition, it provides an excellent foundation for doctoral studies in
robotics and related fields.
Some features of the M.S.E. in Robotics program include:
* Balanced curriculum with courses from Computer and Information
Science (CIS), Electrical and Systems Engineering (ESE), Mechanical
Engineering and Applied Mechanics (MEAM), and related areas.
* Course advising, teaching, and optional MSE thesis supervision by
* Access to state-of-the-art experimental facilities.
* Opportunities for research projects in robotics and related fields
in the GRASP Lab.
* Participation in exciting robot competitions such as the Robocup
soccer tournament, DARPA Urban Challenge.
* Attendance of weekly GRASP seminars and participation in GRASP
* Professional networking with peers in industry and academia
We would greatly appreciate encouraging students in your institution or
organization that are broadly interested in robotics and intelligent
machines to consider this program. More details regarding the curriculum,
the application process, and deadlines, can be found at the GRASP website
If you have any questions or are interested in this program, please feel
free to contact me directly.
George J. Pappas
Professor, GRASP Director
Department of Electrical and Systems Engineering
University of Pennsylvania
More information about the robotics-worldwide