[robotics-worldwide] Robotics Researcher/Programmer position at Honda Research Institute

AGoswami at hra.com AGoswami at hra.com
Wed Apr 23 17:57:12 PDT 2008

Immediate Opening:
Robotics Researcher/Programmer position at Honda Research Institute

Job Position Number: P07F01
Title : Researcher/Programmer (3-year term position)
Location: Mountain View, CA

Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US):
HRI-US is at the cutting edge of Honda's research and development
activities. Inspired by Honda's global slogan - The Power of Dreams - we
pursue emerging technologies and bring them into reality to make people
happy, even as we are engaged daily in highly scientific, pioneering work.
We realize that dreams don't come from organizations, systems, or money.
They come from people, and we seek people who have such challenging spirits
to work with us.

The position:
At our Mountain View, California, location we are developing cutting edge
innovative technologies for our humanoid robot ASIMO. Currently we have an
immediate opening for a highly qualified individual who will work on
advanced dynamics and control aspects of humanoid robots. The candidate is
expected to assist staff scientists in the development and implementation
of new strategies for balance control.

The candidate must have excellent software engineering and system
development skills with interest in contributing to one of the most
fascinating technical fields. The candidate should be creative,
self-motivated, learn fast, and develop software prototypes. The initial
scope of this position is three-years with possibility of extension, based
on the sole discretion of HRI-US. Individuals planning to eventually pursue
a PhD degree are also encouraged to apply.

Qualifications:
Education:
MS or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical
engineering or related.

Computational skills:
Proven programming skills in C/C++ and Matlab.

Training:
Solid math background, experience in robotics, simulation, dynamics and
control.

To apply:
Email your application including a cover letter, resume, and the name of
three references to: Fulltime_P07F01 at honda-ri.com

HRI-US is an exciting place to work. Located in the heart of the Silicon
Valley, HRI-US enjoys year round mild weather and can boast of a number of
nearby world-famous destinations.

Please refer to the job position number, P07F01 in subject line. If you
have questions please contact Ambarish Goswami : AGoswami (at) honda-ri
(dot) com