[robotics-worldwide] Robotics Post-Doc - Please post this message, and confirm reciept - thanks.

Peter Ford Dominey peter.ford.dominey at univ-lyon2.fr
Fri Apr 25 08:28:57 PDT 2008

MULTI-YEAR POSTDOC AVAILABLE in COOPERATIVE HUMAN-ROBOT INTERACTION

The NCRM Robot Cognition Laboratory in Lyon France is seeking applications from outstanding young (post-doctoral) researchers with special interest in the area of cooperative human-robot interaction and related topics.

The position is funded for up to four years by the FP7 European Project "Cooperative Human Robot Interaction Systems - CHRIS," led by the Bristol Robotics Laboratory (Chris Melhuish Director and FP7 Project Leader), with the CNRS LAAS Toulouse, The Max Plank Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, and our NCRM Group CNRS-University of Lyon. CHRIS will investigate the developmental foundations of human cooperation, and implement these in humanoid robots for safe human robot cooperation.  Our group has also recently been awarded one of the iCub 53 DOF humanoid robots (see http://www.robotcub.org/index.php/robotcub/community/open_call_text)

The successful candidate will participate in the CHRIS project as a cognitive systems engineer, interacting with the different member teams, and will also participate in the construction of the iCub in Genoa in the Fall of 2008, and will oversee the iCub when it returns to Lyon.  The candidate will perform research in human-robot cooperative interaction, based on vision, speech and physical interaction, with access to multiple humanoid platforms including the iCub in Lyon, the HRP2 in Toulouse and the BET1 in Bristol.

The candidate must be proficient in programming and/or robotics, with the ability to develop software for robotics applications, and the ability to help to oversee the integration of capabilities across the project.

The Robot Cognition Laboratory is a leading center in the application of cognitive neuroscience based systems to the problem of human-robot cooperation.  We are part of the NCRM "Neuroscience Cognitive & Representations Multimodales" team (NCRM) in the Laboratoire d'Etude des Mécanismes Cognitifs (EMC)at the University of Lyon in France. For details of our research into robot cognition, please see http://dominey.perso.cegetel.net/RobotDemos.htm

Qualified applicants should contact Peter Ford Dominey, at Peter.Ford.Dominey at univ-lyon2.fr with the following materials

* academic curriculum vitae

* 2-page summary of relevant prior research and motivation

* 3 academic references

The position is open immediately for 1-4 years and will be filled as soon as an appropriate applicant is identified. The latest starting date is August 2008.

Peter Ford Dominey PhD, CNRS Research Director
Laboratoire d'Etude des Mécanismes Cognitifs (E.M.C)
Equipe Neuroscience Cognitive et Representations Multimodales (NCRM)
Université Lumière Lyon 2 - Batiment K
5 avenue Pierre Mendès France
69676 Bron cedex, France
http://dominey.perso.cegetel.net/RobotDemos.htm