[robotics-worldwide] Faculty position in robotics at Texas A&M

Robin Murphy murphy at cse.tamu.edu
Thu Dec 18 09:17:19 PST 2008

With the recent flurry of postings about positions, just a reminder that
Texas A&M also has a position open and we're beginning interviews at the end
of January. If you're interested, please apply ASAP!
The original posting is below:
I've moved to Texas A&M where I am chairing a faculty search for a
tenure-track position (assistant professor). Of particular interest is for
an enthusiastic researcher in artificial intelligence for robotics with a
focus in one or more of the following:
human-robot interaction,
machine learning for robots and agents,
biologically inspired control, or
cooperative autonomy.

High priority will be given to candidates who are interested in field
applications and advanced experimental demonstrations of their basic
research in extreme environments such as disasters, underwater, or space, as
an active collaborator in multi-disciplinary teams, including academics,
users and industry.

Texas A&M is a fantastic place and working environment! It is a top 10
engineering research university with a large, comprehensive computer science
department, and active research in land, sea, and aerial vehicles. The
college is a leader in graduating women and minorities and has a diverse,
supportive faculty and administration. Robotics and related areas span
multiple departments and routinely cross boundaries to work together. As the
only Land, Sea, and Space grant college in the US, Texas A&M has unique
facilities, including the 52 acre Disaster City for response research and
training, the Riverside Campus for UAV and MOUT work and several coastal
facilities. NASA Johnson is near-by.

The Department of Computer Science currently has 40 tenure-track faculty
members. The faculty holds over 60 important and influential professional
positions, including editorships for scientific journals and general chairs
of technical conferences. The faculty is also well-recognized for
contributions to their fields, with research known throughout the
international academic community and global industry alike. The department
currently has one National Academy of Engineering member, five IEEE fellows,
one ACM Fellow, and over 25% of our faculty are PYI/NYI/CARREER awardees.
Additional information about faculty recruiting is available at
http://www.cs.tamu.edu/facprospective. Prospective candidates should apply
online at https://apply2.cs.tamu.edu/gts/applicant/faculty/.

If interested, please apply before December 1, as we will begin inviting
candidates as early as January.
--
Prof. Robin R. Murphy, PhD
Raytheon Professor of Computer Science & Engineering