[robotics-worldwide] ICDL 2008: Final Call for Participation

Charlie Kemp charlie.kemp at bme.gatech.edu
Thu Jul 10 21:05:16 PDT 2008

               FINAL CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
 7th International Conference on Development and Learning
     Asilomar Conference Center, Monterey, California
       August 9th-12th, 2008, http://www.icdl08.org/

The organizers for ICDL invite you to attend this year's conference held
at the spectacular venue of Asilomar, a beach resort near Monterrey,
California from August 9th to 12th. Early registration rates will
continue until July 21st, but rooms are going quickly:

http://icdl08.org/Registration.htm

ICDL brings together a diverse array of researchers at the forefront of
the computational and biological sciences to focus on issues of
development and learning. We believe this year's program is especially
strong with contributions across developmental psychology, computational
neuroscience, machine learning, and robotics. You can download the
program here:

http://icdl08.org/ICDL2008-Program.pdf

In addition to high-quality oral presentations and poster sessions for
peer-reviewed work, we are excited to have the following invited speakers:

* Richard Aslin    University of Rochester
* Terry Jernigan   University of California San Diego
* Andrew Ng        Stanford University

Topical sessions at the conference include:

+ Intention and Causality
+ Bayesian and Connectionist Approaches to Learning
+ Learning Linguistic and Perceptual Categories
+ Language Learning Principles
+ Visual Attention and Recognition
+ Autism
+ Spatial Learning and Manipulation
+ Architectures and Principles
+ Dynamical Systems and Neural Fields
+ Sensorimotor Control and Representation

We encourage you to join us for what we expect to be a highly
stimulating and productive conference.

Sincerely,

The Organizers
http://icdl08.org/Committees.htm