[robotics-worldwide] The Robotics Institute of Yucatan is looking for your generosity

The Robotics Institute Yucatan the.robotics.institute.of.yucatan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 13:20:33 PDT 2008

Dear Sir,

"The Robotics Institute of Yucatan" is looking to conform a unique
space both for theory and experimentation in such a way to
facilitate both R&D projects and programs as well as to promote
start-ups in the region.

At "The Robotics Institute of Yucatan" (TRIY), we are involved on high tech
R&D in robotics and computer vision. One of our main task is
related with the development of curricula for kids and teenagers.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=602430&id=828436869

Second main task is related to supervise Bachelors, MSc and PhD students in
Robotics and Computer Vision in different schools and universities.

At the same time we are actually working on the formulation of our
own Master Degree  in Robotics, a unique program in Mexico.

We are looking for collaboration from partners around the world
in asking you for the possibilities of donation of equipment, books,
manuals,
software, electric/mechanical tools, robots, robots-parts, cameras,
frame grabbers and any kind of robotic devices that are not anymore
useful for you. One of future projects is to set-up a Robotic Museum.

>From Robotic & Computer Vision companies, we are looking
to have your printed catalogues / CDs / manuals in such a way to
conform a Documentation Center . It should be great as well
to have parts or equipment that can serve for the illustration
of concepts and technology.

Education / Research Institutions can help us by sharing with
us manuals/thesis/reports about robotics and compute vision
in different domains.

Merida is a beautiful, quiet and the safest city in south Mexico, close
to Chichen Itza and Uxmal, 30 kms far away the nicest beaches of
the Yucatan´s Penninsula. Maybe you can consider to visit us or
to spend a sabbatical leave in Mérida !

If at any time you have any questions or comments for us, please
let us know.

With my very best regards,

Dr. Luis Alberto Muñoz Ubando, Founder and CEO
The Robotics Institute of Yucatán
Calle 24 #99G x 19 y 21
Chuburná de Hidalgo
97205 Mérida, Yucatán