[robotics-worldwide] Welcome to Sab08 in Osaka!

asada asada at ams.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp
Thu Jun 5 16:08:11 PDT 2008

Dear all,

Thank you for your contribution to Sab08 in Osaka during July 7 and
12, 2008. We expect the very exciting conference with many
participants.  We shall have four very interesting plenary talks by
Profs. Roberto Cordeschi, Ryohei Kanzaki, Yasuo Kuniyoshi, and Linda
Smith. Furthermore, on the evening of July 8, we shall have a special
joint session with British Council featuring special talks by
Profs. Giacomo Rizzolatti and Ron Chrisley, who are famous for mirror
neurons and engineering consciousness, respectively, followed by a
panel discussion. We would like to share this excitement with you at
the conference.

Please visit http://sab08.org/registration.html for your conference
registration. Thanks in advance.

-- Minoru Asada, the general chair of SAB08

                        FROM ANIMALS TO ANIMATS 10
The 10th International Conference on the SIMULATION OF ADAPTIVE BEHAVIOR (SAB'08)
                   7-12 July 2008, Osaka, Japan

                          http://sab08.org

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
  General Chair: Minoru Asada
  PC Chair: Jun Tani
  General Co-Chairs: John Hallam, Jean-Arcady Meyer

IMPORTANT DATES
Conference dates, July 7-10, 2008 Workshops date,	July 11-12, 2008

The objective of this interdisciplinary conference is to bring
together researchers in computer science, artificial intelligence,
alife, control, robotics, neurosciences, ethology, evolutionary
biology, and related fields so as to further our understanding of the
behaviors and underlying mechanisms that allow natural and artificial
animals to adapt and survive in uncertain environments. The conference
will focus on experiments with well-defined models --- robot models,
computer simulation models, mathematical models --- designed to help
characterize and compare various organizational principles or
architectures underlying adaptive behavior in real animals and in
synthetic agents, the animats.