[robotics-worldwide] NSF REU site at USC Computer Science

Gaurav Sukhatme gaurav at pollux.usc.edu
Mon Mar 3 23:23:43 PST 2008

        Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Site
        Department of Computer Science
        Viterbi School of Engineering
        University of Southern California

        http://www.cs.usc.edu/REU

The Computer Science department at the University of Southern California
(USC) is pleased to announce the commencement of our Research Experiences
for Undergraduates (REU) site.

The REU site program is a summer internship program sponsored by the
National Science Foundation (NSF) for motivated undergraduate students.
Students accepted to the program will work on research projects with
faculty at the USC's Computer Science department. Research projects are
available in diverse areas within Computer Science spanning robotics,
artificial intelligence, software engineering, algorithms, and networks.
There will also be programs in professional ethics and a social program
specifically designed for the REU site participants.

We welcome students from all backgrounds; we are particularly interested
in attracting students with strong research potential who are
traditionally underrepresented in graduate school within Computer Science
and related fields.

For details about the program, including how to apply and eligibility
requirements, please visit the USC CS REU website:

                http://www.cs.usc.edu/REU

Applications are due by March 31, 2008 for the summer 2008 program.
Although all applications received by this date will be considered, early
applications are strongly encouraged since decisions will be made as
completed applications are received.