[robotics-worldwide] Celebrating JPL Robotics

Paolo Fiorini paolo.fiorini at univr.it
Thu May 8 13:21:34 PDT 2008

Dear Collegues,

the organization of ICRA 2008 in Pasadena (CA-USA) gives us an
additional opportunity, besides the great technical and social
exchanges that we expect at the conference. As most of you know,
Pasadena is home to Caltech and NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
However, perhaps some of you do not know the impact that JPL had on
robotics research, since its very beginning. As former JPL
roboticists, we felt that ICRA2008 is the best place to give a sign
of appreciation to JPL for its contribution to robotics. In agreement
with the conference organizers, we  plan a small celebration at the
Welcome Reception on Tuesday, May 20th, at 6.30 pm. Please join us
for a brief review of JPL contributions to robotics and its future
plans, and in a toast to the past and future accomplishments of JPL robotics.

We look forward to seeing you at the welcome reception.

Paolo Fiorini & Antal Bejczy

Prof. Paolo Fiorini,
Department of Computer Science, University of Verona
Ca' Vignal 2 - Strada Le Grazie 15,  37134 VERONA - Italy
Ph: +39 045 802 7963 -- Fax: +39 045 802 7068
http://www.sci.univr.it/~fiorini