[robotics-worldwide] Master's in Robotics at Penn: Application deadline June 1, 2009.
kostas at cis.upenn.edu
Wed Apr 1 13:09:50 PDT 2009
The GRASP Laboratory at the University of Pennsylvania
is admitting its third class of students in the
Master's of Science and Engineering in Robotics.
This newly established multi-departmental, multi-disciplinary program
provides the ideal preparation for careers
in robotics, defense, aerospace, biomedical,
and the automotive industries as well as
government laboratories. This unique graduate
program delivers the opportunity to enjoy the
research atmosphere of a top laboratory while
acquiring the skills to become a roboticist.
Some features of the M.S.E. in Robotics program include:
* Balanced curriculum with courses from Computer and Information
Science (CIS), Electrical and Systems Engineering (ESE), Mechanical
Engineering and Applied Mechanics (MEAM), and related areas.
* Course advising, teaching, and optional MSE thesis supervision by
* Access to state-of-the-art experimental facilities.
* Opportunities for research projects in robotics and related fields
in the GRASP Lab.
* Participation in exciting robot contests
* Attendance of weekly GRASP seminars and participation in GRASP
* Professional networking with peers in industry and academia
We would greatly appreciate encouraging students in your institution or
organization that are broadly interested in robotics and intelligent
machines to consider this program. More details regarding the curriculum,
the application process, and deadlines, can be found in
Application deadline is June 1, 2009.
More information about the robotics-worldwide