[robotics-worldwide] 2nd CFP: ARTIPED - International Symposium on Assistive and Recuperative Technologies for Injured, ill, Pregnant, Elderly and people with Disabilities
tapus at usc.edu
Sun Apr 5 09:06:26 PDT 2009
We invite you to submit papers with new results, overviews of on-going research or state-of-the art reviews for the interdisciplinary meeting:
The International Symposium on Assistive and Recuperative Technologies for Injured, ill, Pregnant, Elderly and people with Disabilities ARTIPED
to be held in Iasi, Romania, July 23-25, 2009 focus: technologies benefiting from the revolution in robotics and prosthetic devices.
A special focus of the 2009 ARTIPED is on technologies benefiting from the revolution in robotics and prosthetic devices. Thus, special sessions will be organized on the following topics:
* Therapeutic and surgery robots for minimally invasive and remote operation procedures;
* Assistive and caregiving robotics and systems;
* Endoprosthetic devices, technologies and procedures for restoring functionality
* Exoprosthetic devices, technologies and procedures, exoskeletons and other systems for restoring mobility;
* Prosthetic technologies for systems for coping with perception, control and communication impairments (hearing, speech, and vision assistive systems, brain-machine interfaces and control, neuro-robotics),
* Robotics and automation in genetic/stem cell/tissue engineering, intelligent information processing in new devices and robots,
Broader areas of interest in which submissions are also sought are the development and use of
* new materials and structures, procedures, robotics and prosthetic devices, information technologies supporting diagnostic and intervention, computerized diagnostic, monitoring and therapy, organ/tissue/blood/marrow preservation /banks;
* biotechnologies, managed healthcare, neuro-robotics, biofeedback devices, bioinformatics, human genetic engineering, genetic technologies for therapy and enhancement;
* new techniques and technologies in neurosurgery, brain implants, neuro/brain-machine interfaces and control, stem cells engineering, tissue engineering, artificial and bio-artificial organs, novel medical devices and systems, etc.
ARTIPED will take place immediately after the Second International Symposium on Learning and Adaptive Behaviours in Robotic Systems, LAB-RS 09, part of the ATEQUAL Conference, Advanced Technologies for Enhanced Quality of Life (www.atequal.info/atequal09.html).
This interdisciplinary meeting will bring together researchers in advanced technologies, from assistive robotics to breakthrough genetic therapies, that are revolutionizing healthcare, and that offer promises in assistance to elders, and cures for previously incurable diseases. The meeting will foster scientific exchange within this confluence field, bringing together technical scientists, life scientists and medical doctors to share latest knowledge, present new techniques, and discuss future avenues in using technology to enhance quality of life.
Paul Botez Gr. T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iaşi, Romania
Adrian Lobontiu, Henri-Mondor Hospital, France
Paul Dan Sirbu, Gr. T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iaşi, Romania
Adrian Stoica, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, USA
Paper submission: 9 April 2009
Paper acceptance: 6 May 2009
Camera Ready: 27 May 2009
Early bird registration: 30 May 2009
Dr. Adriana Tapus
Email: tapus at usc.edu
More information about the robotics-worldwide