[robotics-worldwide] PhD position at TU Munich, Germany

Michael Jäntsch michael.jaentsch at in.tum.de
Thu Apr 9 01:16:13 PDT 2009

For an EU project in the area of Robot Control, Robot Cognitive System
Architectures and System Integration
we are offering a position in computer science. We are now accepting
applications for a 3‐year PhD Scholarship
at the Department of Informatics at TU Munich, Germany.

Application deadline: April 15th 2009, the position will begin as soon
as possible.

The project ECCEROBOT (http://wwwknoll.in.tum.de/Main/ResearchEccerobot)
is an EU‐funded project to improve
the design of a compliant robot system based on the original CRONOS robot
(http://cswww.essex.ac.uk/staff/owen/machine/cronos.html). The goal is
to investigate methods for its control,
its sensor data processing and the autonomous development of its
cognitive skills.

Applicants should have an MSc degree in Computer Science or Electronic
Engineering (or equivalent, from a
well‐known University). The scholarship will be generously supplemented
with overseas travel grants and
other additional allowances. The successful candidate should have
experience in one or more of the following areas:
(i) control systems design,
(ii) sensor signal processing including computer vision and sensor data
fusion,
(iii) high‐level AI techniques.

TU München enjoys an excellent international reputation as an academic
leader and has been consistently ranked
as one of the three best universities in Germany.

Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, an academic
transcript and two referees.
A statement of the broad area of your research interest should also be
included.
For any enquiries or further information, send an E‐mail to:
Dr. Gerhard Schrott (schrott at in.tum.de <mailto:schrott at in.tum.de>) or
Amy Beth Buecherl (buecherl at in.tum.de <mailto:buecherl at in.tum.de>)
or visit our web site at http://wwwknoll.in.tum.de.

--