[robotics-worldwide] Registration Open -- Haptics Symposium 2010

William Provancher wil at mech.utah.edu
Mon Dec 21 14:09:45 PST 2009

Please forgive the multiple postings.

R E G I S T R A T I O N    N O W    O P E N

IEEE Haptics Symposium 2010
http://www.hapticssymposium.org/next_conference.html

Boston Area, Massachusetts, USA, March 25 - 26, 2010

IMPORTANT DATES
***************
Demo Descriptions Due: January 6, 2010
    Demonstration Submission Form:
    http://www.hapticssymposium.org/demo_submission.php

Final papers due: January 6, 2010

Conference dates: March 25-26, 2010

LOCATION
**********
Westin Hotel, in Waltham (Boston Area) Massachusetts, USA

DESCRIPTION
*************
The Haptics Symposium is a bi-annual, single-track conference that
brings together researchers who are advancing the human science,
technology and design processes underlying haptic (force and tactile)
interaction systems. Our community spans the disciplines of
biomechanics, psychology, neurophysiology, engineering, human-computer
interaction and computer science.

We solicit high-quality, original submissions in all areas of haptics
including, but not limited to:

- Psychophysics and perception
- Biomechanics and motor control
- Haptic interactions and their design
- Haptic device design and dynamics
- Haptic rendering and modeling
- Control system design and analysis
- Systems and networks involving haptic interactions
- Application of the above, including areas such as education,
rehabilitation, medicine, computer-aided design, skills training,
computer games, driver controls, simulation and visualization

SUBMISSION
************
Submissions are sought in the following categories, which are more fully
described at http://www.hapticssymposium.org/next_conference.htm#Submissions

- Full papers (maximum 8 pages)
- Extended Abstracts (maximum 4 pages)
- Demonstrations
- Commercial Exhibits

NEW IN 2010: Extended Abstracts are eligible for oral presentation.

SPONSORSHIP
Technical Committee (VGTC) and Technical Committee on Haptics (TCH). It
is held in conjunction with the 2010 IEEE Virtual Reality Conference.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
************************
General Chairs
- Karon MacLean - University of British Columbia, Canada
- Allison Okamura - Johns Hopkins University, USA

Local Arrangements
- John Morrell - Yale University, USA
- Greg Fischer - Worcester Polytechnic University, USA

Publications
- Cagatay Basodogan - Koc University, Turkey

Demonstrations & Exhibits
- Katherine Kuchenbecher - University of Philadelphia, USA
- Mark Colton - Brigham Young University, USA

Awards
- Jaydev Desai - University of Maryland, USA

Publicity
- William Provancher - University of Utah, USA

Sincerely,

William Provancher
2010 Haptics Symposium Publicity Chair

William Provancher, Ph.D.