[robotics-worldwide] Call for Papers: RO-MAN2009
kanda at atr.jp
Mon Feb 2 01:15:19 PST 2009
Let me again announce CFP for Ro-Man2009, since the submission deadline is
*** Call for Papers ***
18th IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive
Toyama, Japan, Sep. 27 - Oct. 2, 2009
"Interaction Design based on Robotics for Our Society"
RO-MAN 2009 will be held in Toyama, Japan, during Sep. 27 to Oct.2, 2009.
RO-MAN addresses fundamental issues in coexistence of robots and humans from
psychological and philosophical aspects over interaction and communication
technological systems and architectures.
Authors will have choice of ordinary "oral session" or "interactive oral
requires 1 min. of plenary talk, poster and exhibition of robots/systems.
Toyama city is located in the center of Japan, and surrounded by beautiful
nature such as
the Japan Sea and Alps. One can travel to the three big cities, Tokyo,
Osaka, or Nagoya
in only a few hours by JR train.
There are international flights to Seoul, Vladivostok, Dalian and Shanghai.
Please visit the website http://ro-man2009.org for the detailed information.
** Important Dates **
Feb. 15 '09 Proposals for special sessions and workshops/tutorials
Feb. 28'09 Notification of special sessions and workshops/tutorials
Mar. 15'09 Submission of full-length paper and/or video
Jun. 15'09 Notification of paper acceptance
Jul. 15'09 Submission of camera-ready final papers
*** Robot Week in Toyama, Japan ***
- Japan Robot Festival: Sep. 25-27, 2009
- IEEE RO-MAN: Sep. 27-Oct. 2, 2009
** Relevant Topics **
Fundamental Interaction Components
- Auditory cognition: cognition/interpretation of voice, sound, or language
- Brain Machine Interface
- Haptic interaction
- Motion planning and navigation in the vicinity of humans
- Novel interfaces and interaction modalities
- Robot software architecture and development tool
- Visual sensing and cognition: gesture, posture, face, facial expression
Intelligence and Emotion
- Context awareness and intention understanding
- Intelligent Space
- Knowledge and inference processing
- Machine learning and adaptation in human-robot interaction
- Motivations and emotions in robots
- Evaluation methods and new methodologies
- Human factors and ergonomics in human-robot interaction
- Innovative robot designs for human-robot interaction
- Sociality/personality of robots or virtual characters
Case Studies and Applications
- Androids and other applications
- Assistive robotics for supporting the elderly or people with special
- Robotic companions and social robots
- Robots in art, education and entertainment
- Virtual and augmented tele-presence applications
More information about the robotics-worldwide