[robotics-worldwide] Germany: PhD Scholarships for Computing in Medicine and Life Sciences, Graduate School Luebeck

Chaoqun Jiang jiang at gradschool.uni-luebeck.de
Tue Jan 6 09:22:43 PST 2009

The Graduate School of Computing in Medicine and Life Sciences (funded
by Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG, and the German Government
within the German university excellence program) at the University of
Luebeck is now offering Ph.D. scholarships for the following 14 projects:

Brach I: Neuroengineering, Robotics and Navigation

I 1b - Correction of Susceptibility caused Distortions in Functional
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
I 1c - Endoscopic Optical Coherence Tomography in the Deep Brain
I 1e - Transcranial sonography (TCS) in monogenic forms of Parkinsonism
I 2a - Stroke Rehabilitation Robot
I 2b - Parallel mode of action control: from human studies to
intelligent robotic interfaces
I 2d - Cardiac pacemaker localisation
I 3b - Brain Modelling
I 4c - Robot assisted navagation guided OCT operating microscope
I 5a - Definition of cortical networlks for the control of eye and hand
movements
I 5c - 3-dimensional kinematic principles of eye, head and limb movements
I 6a - Interfaces based on EEG, ECoG and DBS

Brach II: Computing in Structural and Cell Biology

II 3b - Efficient Methods of Exact Solutions of Complex Problems in
Molecular Biology
II 3c - Synaptic Plasticity: Regulatory Mechanisms in Receptor Trafficking
II 5 - Computational analysis of RNA structure

Please visit our website www.gradschool.uni-luebeck.de
<http://www.gradschool.uni-luebeck.de/?q=node/5> for more detailed
descriptions of the projects and admission requirements. Ph.D.
scholarships amounts to 1250 € per month.

Students with a master's degree in computer science, mathematics or
engineering are invited to apply for admission. The application deadline
is January 15, 2009.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions via
email: management at gradschool.uni-luebeck.de
<mailto:management at gradschool.uni-luebeck.de?subject=admission> before
sending your application.

--