[robotics-worldwide] PhD positions in Neuroengineering, Robotics and Navigation, University of Lübeck, Germany

Chaoqun Jiang jiang at gradschool.uni-luebeck.de
Mon May 18 00:43:42 PDT 2009

The Graduate School for Computing in Medicine and Life Sciences
(http://www.gradschool.uni-luebeck.de/) at the University of Lübeck
invites applications for 3-year PhD scholarships in the fields of Brain
Imaging, Robotics, Brain Plasticity, Navigation Methods, Neuroanatomy,
Human-Computer Interfacing, Minimal Invasive Interventions.

Application deadline: June 30, 2009.

Project titles:
I1a - Diffusion Tensor methods

I1b - Correction of Susceptibility caused Distortions in Functional
Magnetic Resonance Imaging

I1c - Endoscopic Optical Coherence Tomography in the Deep Brain

I1d - Small animal brain imaging with nano CT

I1e - Transcranial sonography (TCS) in monogenic forms of Parkinsonism

I1f - Combined motion detection and motion correction medical imaging

I1g - Neurochemical whole-brain mapping using magnetic resonance
spectroscopy (MRS)

I2a - Stroke Rehabilitation Robot

I2b - Parallel mode of action control: from human studies to intelligent
robotic interfaces

I2c - Learning to See Better

I2d - Cardiac pacemaker localisation

I3a - Memory enhancement by transcranial brain stimulation

I3b - Brain Modelling

I3c - Relationship between brain activity and peripheral glucose
metabolism - combining experimentally acquired data with a mathematical
model

I4a - Robotic micromanipulator for small animal studies

I4b - Navigation and electrophysiological recordings in Deep Brain Surgery

I4c - Robot assisted navigation guided OCT operating microscope

I5a - Definition of cortical networks for the control of eye and hand
movements

I5b - Wavelet-Based TMS-EEG Data Analysis

I5c - 3-dimensional kinematic principles of eye, head and limb movements

I6a - Interfaces based on EEG, ECoG and DBS

I6b - Nonlinear and multivariate EEG analysis

I6c - Basics in deep brain stimulation (DBS)

I6d - Next generation auditory prosthesis

I7 - Computer assisted minimally invasive interventions

Requirements:

Candidates are expected to have a master's degree (or its equivalent) in
computer science, mathematics or engineering. Prior experiences in
scientific publishing (during the university study or industry
employment) are of advantage.

Please prepare all the necessary documents and submit your application
online: http://www.gradschool.uni-luebeck.de/?q=node/20.

For further information, send email to:
management at gradschool.uni-luebeck.de
<mailto:management at gradschool.uni-luebeck.de> or visit our website at