[robotics-worldwide] Call for papers - Paladyn. Journal of Behavioral Robotics

Andrzej Ruta / Versita aruta at versita.com
Wed Nov 4 11:29:31 PST 2009

Dear Robotics Worldwide subscriber,

I am a Managing Editor of "Paladyn. Journal of Behavioral Robotics" (http://www.versita.com/science/engineering/paladyn/). Paladyn is a new initiative of Versita (www.versita.com), one of the leading science publishers in Central and Eastern Europe. As the very first issue of the journal is just to be launched, we would like to cordially invite you to submit your contributions.

Paladyn is a peer-reviewed, online only journal intended to serve as a premier source of knowledge and an exchange platform for all those who are engaged or interested in the emerging field of behavioral robotics. The journal focuses on the original high-quality research results that cover such topics as: cognitive robotics, evolutionary robotics, robot control, learning and adaptation, artificial intelligence, machine vision, affective robotics and many more. Full Paladyn's scope, subject to constant changes, can be viewed at
http://www.versita.com/science/engineering/paladyn/authors/aims_and_scope/ . In general, we will welcome good manuscripts whenever they present novel behavior-based or nature-inspired concepts, designs or applications of robots and other autonomous and intellligent systems. We are open to the contributions
from all over the world and we are ready to promote different viewpoints on robotics, regardless of the authors' research background, from robot engineers and computer scientists to physicists, biologists or psychologists.

Regarding the journal's organization, Paladyn will start publishing quarterly, with approximately ten papers per issue, depending on the manuscript inflow. The first issue of Paladyn is scheduled for January 2010. Paper submission is handled online via Editorial Manager platform available at
http://www.editorialmanager.com/paladyn/ . The paper processing overview is given at http://www.versita.com/editool/em-review/ . The Editor-in-Chief of Paladyn is Prof. Raja Chatila, LAAS-CNRS, France. Our new publishing project is also supported by a professional editorial team and a number of Editorial Advisory Board members - all being worldwide-recognized experts in their disciplines. For full details, please refer to http://www.versita.com/science/engineering/paladyn/editors/ .

As an author of Paladyn you can have a range of benefits:

- fast and constructive peer review,
- international range,
- convenient, web-based paper submission system - Editorial Manager,
- high-quality electronic publication technology based on Metapress platform,
- extensive promotion of each published article to hundreds of researchers working in the same field,
- free language-correction services for non-English-speaking authors of accepted papers,
- no publication charge.

We look forward to your manuscripts!

Sincerely yours,

Andrzej Ruta, Ph.D.