[robotics-worldwide] Robotics Control Engineer - Immediate Opening at Hstar
ylim at hstartech.com
Wed Aug 18 06:58:10 PDT 2010
Robotics Control Engineer positions are available at Hstar Technologies,
Cambridge, MA (full-time).
Hstar Technologies, an innovative medical robotics and systems company
headquartered in Cambridge, MA, is developing cutting-edge robotics, virtual
reality, haptics and human machine interaction technologies, as well as
entertainment robotics. A rapidly growing company, Hstar is harnessing
technologies developed through advanced research and development to create
industry leading commercial products. We seek strong candidates in robotic
control system engineering and development to join our talented team.
The robotics control engineer positions require:
- Experiences with programming dexterous manipulators, kinematic and
dynamic control of high degree-of-freedom manipulation systems, and robotic
- Familiarity with force feedback control, trajectory tracking
control and impedance control;
- Experience with sensor and actuator characterization and tuning;
- Understanding of robotic actuation, human-robot interaction and
- Strong computer programming skills in C/C++ and Matlab;
- Knowledgeable in mechanical design using Solidworks etc (not
- Experience managing engineering teams in a small, start-up
The candidates for these positions should be able to work in a team
environment and coordinate the robotic development efforts, including system
development, integration and testing.
A Master degree or Ph.D. degree in Robotics Engineering with experience in
robotic manipulator control system development or equivalent is required.
Experience on robotic system design, robotic sensing and system integration
of robotic manipulators is highly desirable. Knowing computer vision,
mobile robotic manipulation system design, development and control is a
Please send resume and portfolio items to info at hstartech.com
<mailto:jjh at hstartech.com> .
Yi-Je Lim, PhD
Interactive Robotics & Medical Systems
More information about the robotics-worldwide