[robotics-worldwide] Job: Post-doctoral position at Carnegie Mellon University Robotics Institute

Daniel Huber dhuber at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Dec 6 10:57:21 PST 2010

Post-doctoral position
Carnegie Mellon University, Robotics Institute
http://www.ri.cmu.edu

The  3D Vision and Intelligent Systems (3DVis) group is looking for
highly motivated candidates in the areas of computer vision and machine
learning, with an emphasis on object modeling and recognition using
visual imagery and 3D sensors.

Candidates should have experience in image-based or 3D computer vision,
good mathematical foundations, and proven object-oriented programming
skills. Our algorithms are primarily prototyped using matlab and C++ in
a Linux development environment. Experience with these languages and
Unix-based systems would be beneficial. Knowledge of OpenGL or 3D
programming libraries built on top of OpenGL is also a plus.

We are actively engaged in several projects related to scene
understanding, object recognition, and perception for autonomous
vehicles.  A successful candidate will work with graduate students,
faculty, and other researchers to conduct basic and applied research on
these topics. The research will involve developing vision algorithms for
recognition and modeling, prototyping these algorithms on robotic
platforms, and evaluating the performance of the resulting systems.

See our group's web site for details about our research projects:
http://www.ri.cmu.edu/research_lab_group_detail.html?lab_id=86&menu_id=263)

Candidates must have an appropriate visa to allow working in the United
States during the period specified.

Duration: 12 months
Availability: Immediate
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Applications: Please email your CV and list of references to Daniel
Huber (dhuber at cs.cmu.edu).