[robotics-worldwide] Call for book chapter contributors about robotic prototyping: chapter proposal deadline extended to Dec. 31, 2010

xxiong at bridgeport.edu xxiong at bridgeport.edu
Thu Dec 2 13:21:37 PST 2010

Dear Robotics Researchers,

We trust this e-mail finds you well!

Previously we sent you an email inviting you to contribute your excellent
expertise to a forthcoming book edited by Drs. Tarek Sobh and Xingguo
Xiong of the University of Bridgeport, entitled “Prototyping of Robotic
Systems: Applications of Design and Implementation”. Since then, we have
received many high-quality book chapter proposal submissions from
worldwide robotic researchers. At the same time, many researchers
expressed their strong interest in contributing a book chapter, while
wondering whether we can further extend the deadline so that they have
more time to prepare for it. To accommodate numerous requests from the
robotics researcher community, we consulted with the publisher and decided
to extend our chapter proposal submission deadline to Dec. 31, 2010.
Correspondingly, the proposal acceptance notification deadline is extended
to Jan. 14, 2011. You are cordially welcome to submit a chapter proposal
before the new deadline.  Already submitted proposals will be reviewed by
the panel and a decision will be made earlier.

Robots have been widely used for many industrial applications, such as
manufacturing, electronics assembly, food processing, underground oil
mining, aerospace exploration, disease diagnosis and clinical surgery.
Prototyping is an important activity in engineering. Prototyping a design
helps in determining system parameters, ranges and in structuring better
system. Robotics is one of the industrial design fields in which
prototyping is crucial for improved functionality. Robotic systems are
diverse in their working principles, implementation and applications.
Furthermore, newly emerging technologies in the areas of computer vision,
wireless communication, micro and nanotechnologies have enabled the
emergence of robotic systems for new applications. Thus, we perceive a
need for an edited collection of chapters in the field of robotic
prototyping and its applications.

Prototyping of Robotic Systems: Applications of Design and Implementation
will aim to cover the design, implementation of various robotic systems
and their applications, from complicated industrial robots to
state-of-the-art nanorobots for surgical applications, as well as robotic
systems for educational purposes. The new trends and most recent research
frontiers in robotic prototyping and its applications will also be
covered.

We would like to cordially invite you to contribute a chapter on an
appropriate topic of your choice. You may refer to the following URL for
more details about the proposal of this book:

http://igi-global.com/AuthorsEditors/AuthorEditorResources/CallForBookChapters/CallForChapterDetails.aspx?CallForContentId=0ffd1a37-6a1f-4377-85fb-2808e2268495

Should you accept this invitation, we would like to kindly ask that, on or
before December 31, 2010, you submit via e-mail a 2-3 page chapter
proposal to us (xxiong at bridgeport.edu and sobh at bridgeport.edu) for review
that explains and outlines the scope of your proposed chapter.  Should
your proposal be accepted, you will be notified by January 14, 2011, and
given until March 1, 2011, to submit your chapter. It will then be sent
for double-blind peer review. This book is scheduled to be published by
IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.), publisher of the “Information
Science Reference” (formerly Idea Group Reference), “Medical Information
Science Reference,” “Business Science Reference,” and “Engineering Science
Reference” imprints. For additional information regarding the publisher,
please visit www.igi-global.com. This publication is anticipated to be
released in early 2012.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact
us. We appreciate your consideration of this invitation and hope to hear
from you soon!

Best wishes,

Tarek Sobh, Ph.D., P.E., CMfgE
Distinguished Professor of Engineering and Computer Science
Vice President for Graduate Studies and Research and
Dean, School of Engineering
University of Bridgeport
221 University Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604, U.S.A.
Office: +1 (203) 576-4116
Fax: +1 (203)576-4766
Email: sobh at bridgeport.edu
http://www.bridgeport.edu/~sobh

Xingguo Xiong, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Department of Electrical Engineering
School of Engineering
University of Bridgeport
Bridgeport, CT 06604