[robotics-worldwide] Postdoc - ETH Zurich Multi-Scale Robotics Lab

Nelson Bradley bradley.nelson at iris.mavt.ethz.ch
Wed Dec 15 02:56:34 PST 2010

Post-doctoral position
ETH Zurich, Multi-scale robotics lab
http://www.iris.ethz.ch/msrl

The Multi-scale robotics lab of ETH Zurich is looking for
highly motivated candidates with a strong background in systems engineering, robotics and control. We have recently begun with the commercialization of our research, and there will be the possibility to work for our spin-off company. Experience with surgical robotics, medical imaging technologies, electromagnetic actuation, as well as programming in C++ would be beneficial.

We are actively in engaged in the development of systems based on our electromagnetic manipulation technology for various medical applications in the fields of ophthalmology, cardiology, gastroenterology and urology, as well as for micromanipulation in life sciences and microassembly. A successful candidate will work with graduate students, faculty, surgeons and suppliers to conduct applied research on these topics. The research will involve integrating different imaging and localization technologies with electromagnetic actuation, developing control algorithms, designing surgical systems, deriving general design criteria and guidelines, and evaluating the performance of the resulting systems.

Candidates from all countries can apply. We will organize the required work permit for Switzerland.

Duration: 12 months
Availability: Immediate
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Applications: Please email your CV and list of references to Prof. Dr. Bradley Nelson (bnelson at ethz.ch).

Prof. Dr. Bradley Nelson
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich
Professor of Robotics and Intelligent Systems (IRIS)

ETH Zürich
Institut für Robotik und Intelligente Systeme (IRIS)
Tannenstrasse 3, CLA H15.2
CH-8092 Zürich, Switzerland
www.iris.ethz.ch