[robotics-worldwide] Software Development Internship at Bosch Research and Technology Center in Palo Alto, CA

Pitzer Benjamin (CR/RTC1.1-NA) Benjamin.Pitzer at us.bosch.com
Fri Feb 19 11:44:14 PST 2010

Job Title: Software Development Intern - 3D Reconstruction Systems

Degree Level: Master, Ph.D. (Current students included)

Positions Available: 1

Majors: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.

Required Skills:
Proven experience in C++ software development
Strong implementation skills

Preferred Skills:
Knowledge and experience in computer graphics systems (OpenGL, Direct3D)
Knowledge and experience with modern software engineering tools and GUI
systems
Knowledge and experience in computer vision, computational geometry, or
related fields
Software development experience in Microsoft environment using version
control systems

Job Description:
This intern will be responsible for developing and designing new
algorithms for 3D reconstruction systems. The specific application will
be matched to the intern's skills and interests. This intern will join a
team of Bosch researchers who design and develop algorithms and
applications for autonomous systems at the Bosch Research and Technology
Center in Palo Alto, CA. We solicit applications from individuals with a
strong background in CS or related areas and proven implementation
skills. We offer the opportunity to work with experienced researchers in
a flexible and creative industrial research environment on cutting edge
technologies.

Example Projects:
Visual SLAM: Design and implementation of localization and mapping
algorithms using a monocular camera system.
Human-Machine Interaction: Design and implement an intuitive user
interfaces for our visual reconstruction system.
3D Modelling System: Design a prototype of a 3D scanner using available
technologies for visual reconstruction and 3D modelling.

Time Frame:
6-9 months, starting as soon as possible

Location:
Robert Bosch Research and Technology Center
Palo Alto, CA

Please submit your resume and any supporting material to:
47076-CS-2341 at boschresearch.hrmdirect.com