[robotics-worldwide] AAAI-2010 track on Integrated Intelligence

Alan C. Schultz alan.schultz at nrl.navy.mil
Sun Jan 3 14:50:46 PST 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I'm writing to encourage you to submit a paper to the AAAI-2010
track on Integrated Intelligence, which Pat Langley and I are
co-chairing this year. You will find the call for papers at

  http://www.aaai.org/Conferences/AAAI/2010/aaai10ii.php

but, briefly, this is a special track designed for publication of
research that moves beyond component algorithms and brings the
field closer to the vision of complete intelligent systems. This special
track is particularly appropriate for embodied intelligence,
intelligent robotic systems, and human-robot interaction.

The main requirements for publication are that papers describe
the integration of two or more facets of intelligence and that
they demonstrate clear synergy among the components.  There's
room for many different approaches to integration, capabilities
that are integrated, and styles of evaluation. Doing so in an embodied
system (such as a robot) is particularly appropriate. The track has
its own
reviewers and review form to increase chances of fair treatment.

I know that, unlike many AI researchers, you and your colleagues
develop integrated systems, so I hope you will consider seriously
submitting one or more papers. The deadline is rapidly approaching,
with abstracts due on Monday, January 18, and papers due on
Thursday, January 21, but there is still time to prepare.

We need high-quality submissions if we want the track to influence
the field, so I hope you can help by sending us a paper on your
recent research. Please feel free to forward this message to others
who you think could contribute.

Best regards,

--Alan

Alan C. Schultz
Director, Navy Center for Applied Research in Artificial Intelligence,
Naval Research Laboratory
Code 5510
Washington DC 20375
(202) 767-2684   fax: (202) 767-3172