[robotics-worldwide] job openings at the RSN Lab at UMN

Volkan Isler isler at cs.umn.edu
Wed Jan 13 08:42:17 PST 2010

The Robotic Sensor Networks Lab at the University of Minnesota has an
opening for a Post-Doctoral Associate. We work mainly on algorithmic
problems in robotics and sensor-networks (e.g. pursuit-evasion, search,
sensor-placement, active tracking) and their applications in
environmental and habitat monitoring (see e.g.
http://rsn.cs.umn.edu/index.php/Environmental_Monitoring)

We are seeking a person with strong fundamental skills. Ideal
backgrounds include one or more of: algorithms, computational geometry,
optimization, control theory, statistical machine learning. Experience
in field experiments is a huge plus.

The job application is online at:
https://employment.umn.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1262700668951

If unable to access the link, please search for
Requisition Number:  164669
at the above site.

The position is initially for one year but can be extended based on
mutual consent and availability of funds.

We also have a few openings for exceptional undergraduates who are U.S.
citizens or permanent residents.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for further information. More
information about robotic research in our department is available through:
http://www.cs.umn.edu/research/research_areas/robotics_and_ai.php

Volkan Isler

--

Ibrahim Volkan Isler