[robotics-worldwide] Engineering Position at Meka Robotics
edsinger at mekabot.com
Thu Jul 1 20:35:58 PDT 2010
San Francisco based Meka Robotics seeks a motivated R&D engineer with a
strong mechatronics background to contribute to the design of a robotic
hand. The position will be focused on the design, modeling, and
characterization of a novel actuator concept. This will be require
working closely with a small team to design prototype hardware, to
develop analytical models of the prototype, and to invent novel
approaches to low-cost manufacturing of the concept design.
A MS/Ph.D. degree in Engineering or related discipline is required, as
well as strong experience in:
* Robotics and mechatronics
* Actuator design and characterization
* Modeling of non-linear and friction effects
* Implementation of force controlled actuators
* Design for low-cost manufacturing
* Solidworks, C++, and Python
* Linux savvy
* Real-time programming and control
* General machine shop ability
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
This is a full-time position in San Francisco, CA starting September 1,
2010. Pay is negotiable and DOE. Applicant must be willing to relocate.
Meka Robotics is a spin-off from the MIT Computer Science Artificial
Intelligence Lab. We develop dexterous manipulators and humanoid robots
for the research community. Please submit your CV and any supporting
material such as design portfolios to jobs at mekabot.com. No phone calls
Aaron Edsinger, Ph.D.
San Francisco, CA
More information about the robotics-worldwide