[robotics-worldwide] Job Posting: Strong Software Engineers, SeeByte Ltd, Edinburgh UK
jennifer at gravitatehr.co.uk
Fri Jul 9 09:16:20 PDT 2010
I would appreciate for the following to be posted:
SeeByte creates the world’s most advanced smart software for the latest generation of unmanned underwater vehicles, including autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV) and remotely operated vehicles (ROV) for the military and offshore sectors. SeeByte also work in the Renewable Energy market providing autonomous diagnostic tools. Beyond visualisation and automation, SeeByte systems extract information to create awareness, which can be used to reason intuitively and autonomously. These technology and deployment capabilities make SeeByte-enabled remote machines more productive, safe and reliable; operational performance is significantly enhanced at a reduced cost.
SeeByte’s Solutions in Action place total focus on understanding our customers’ requirements, whether that entails development of flexible systems, prototype creation or consultancy for bespoke solutions. By having dedicated delivery teams, SeeByte positions our engineers alongside the operators to gain a complete understanding of their needs and future technology required.
Two examples of Current SeeByte Solutions may be seen below. Both are game-changing, requiring innovation and cutting-edge underwater robotic technology to provide a robust-repeatable solution.
Confined Area Search (CAS) technology communicates, takes control and acts out automated ship hull and harbor inspection tasks. SeeByte are developing automated control and sensor processing solutions showcased here with an example of their real-time 3-D reconstruction capabilities. This technology can be utilised by the military for mine identification/verification and port and harbour security measures, as well as for pipeline inspections and floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) ship hull inspections for the offshore oil and gas industry.
Autonomous Inspection Vehicle (AIV) - Subsea 7 and SeeByte are working collaboratively to provide a new inspection and light intervention type of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) that is capable of operating directly from a host facility. This approach, not currently available in the market, is game changing, as it allows unplanned inspections to be conducted quickly, easily and frequently without the need for a dedicated in-field support vessel.
SeeByte are looking to fill multiple engineer posts, based in Edinburgh to be filled immediately:
Software Engineer - Edinburgh
Salary – Dependant on skills/experience
Company – SeeByte Ltd (www.seebyte.com)
Job Type – Permanent
STRONG SOFTWARE ENGINEERS required to work on a wide range of Solutions based on SeeTrack, the mission-planning, monitoring, sensor-fusion and visualisation platform of choice for underwater remote systems. The successful candidate will be required to:
• Work as a member of a team of developers in the design, development and testing of software.
• Follow industry best practices, standards and complying with specifications provided.
• Follow processes and procedures as communicated by the Development Manager and/or Project Manager.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
• Good degree (1st /2.1 Hons) Electrical/Computer Science/Software Engineering or similar numerate discipline with strong software engineering emphasis. A higher degree or suitable experience in a relevant subject area for SeeByte would also be an advantage.
• Practical experience in programming on Linux and Windows systems.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS
Demonstrable experience in:
• C/C++ and Java
• Object Oriented Design
• Experience in at least one of the following areas:
◦ Signal and Image Processing / Computer Vision
◦ Navigation Systems
◦ Robotics / Autonomous Systems / Control Systems
Ideally the candidate would have knowledge and experience in some the following skills:
• Formal Testing
• Design Patterns and UML
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Good inter-personal/communications skills.
• Confident working in a small company environment.
• Comfortable working with external clients.
• Dependable when working under tight deadlines.
• Willingness to travel abroad and take part in tests and trials
HOW TO APPLY
Send an e-mail to hr at seebyte.com in person (no recruitment agencies) with an up to date CV, including current salary details and notice period.
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post, it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British, US or European Citizens. All selected candidates will be subject to background checking.
HR Account Manager on and on behalf of SeeByte Ltd
2 India Street
Office: 0131 225 7458
New direct dial: 0131 243 1377
http://twitter.com/gravitatehr - Follow us on 'Twitter'
Check out our new website: Click here
Please sponsor me in a 10k Race for Life in aid of Cancer Research UK
Registered in Scotland No SC287870. Registered Office 5th Floor, Quartermile Two, 2 Lister Square, Edinburgh, EH3 9GL. VAT Reg. No. 873 5229 06
This email and any files Click here to read our full e-mail disclaimer
More information about the robotics-worldwide