[robotics-worldwide] Postdoctoral Positions in Image-guided Robotic Surgery at Children¹s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School

Pierre Dupont pierre at bu.edu
Mon Jun 7 11:43:46 PDT 2010

The BU BioRobotics Lab is currently moving to Children¹s Hospital Boston.
Two highly qualified postdoctoral fellows are sought for NIH-funded
projects:

Postdoctoral Fellow (Robot Control) - This position is to develop and
implement real-time control laws for complex medical robotic systems. It is
expected that the successful candidate will hold a PhD in mechanical
engineering, electrical engineering or computer science. It is also expected
that the candidate will have hands-on experience in controller
implementation.

Postdoctoral Fellow (Algorithms) - This position is to develop algorithms
for image-based robot design, procedure planning and navigation. It is
expected that the successful candidate will hold a PhD in electrical
engineering, mechanical engineering or computer science and have experience
in motion planning, algorithm development and experimental evaluation.

Our Lab¹s mission is to embed creative young engineers and scientists in the
top US pediatric hospital. This ensures that we work on clinically important
problems and enables us to rapidly transition engineering prototypes to a
clinical setting for testing. More information on our projects can be found
at:
http://www.childrenshospital.org/cfapps/research/data_admin/Site2822/mainpag
eS2822P0.html
and http://biorobotics.bu.edu

Qualified applicants should respond by email as soon as possible to Prof.
Pierre Dupont (Pierre.Dupont at childrens.harvard.edu) with a description of
their qualifications, academic background, PhD thesis, publications, career
goals and availability. The initial appointments will be for one year with
the possibility of extension. Postdoctoral appointments will be made through
Harvard Medical School.

Pierre E. Dupont