[robotics-worldwide] Position in Robotics at HRL Laboratories, LLC in Malibu, CA
hhoffmann at hrl.com
Fri Jun 25 17:51:15 PDT 2010
HRL Laboratories, LLC has an opening in robotic manipulation and perception. This position is temporary (minimum 16 months). Starting date is as soon as possible.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic researcher/scientist to participate in cutting-edge research in robotics and interact with the main players in this field.
- Being passionate about your work
- BA/BS/MA/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- Ability to quickly develop software in C/C++ under Linux; basic programming and documentation guidelines need to be followed.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- US citizenship or US legal permanent residency (Greencard)
- Robotic control
- Robot operating system (ROS)
- Computer vision
- Machine learning and pattern recognition
- Estimation from noisy sensory data, e.g., extended Kalman filter
Principal investigator for this project is Dr Heiko Hoffmann.
HRL Laboratories, LLC is one of the leading research centers in the world. HRL is a physics historic site
(one of only 17 in the US) as the location of the first functional laser ( http://www.hrl.com/laserfest/lsr_laser.html ) and home to many more notable inventions ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HRL_Laboratories,_LLC ).
In addition, we are located in beautiful Malibu overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
To apply, respond with a resume and a statement (maximum half a page) of why you are interested in this position
to Dr Hoffmann at hhoffmann at hrl.com
Please, respond only if you are seriously interested and fulfill the above requirements.
Have a nice day,
More information about the robotics-worldwide