[robotics-worldwide] Postdoctoral positions at National University of Singapore on Artificial Intelligence
Social Robotics Lab
elebox10 at nus.edu.sg
Sun Mar 7 19:04:37 PST 2010
Post-doctoral research fellow (Artificial Intelligence)
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
National University of Singapore
Research Fellow position (minimum of 2 years) is available at the Department
of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore.
The Research Fellow will join a team under one of our projects on Social
Robotics. Areas of research for the project include: machine learning,
robotics, game engine development, affective computing, computational
neuroscience, natural language understanding, intelligent user interfaces.
- PhD in Engineering, usually in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering with a
specialty in Artificial Intelligence.
- A background in a relevant subject such as electronics, mechanical,
robotics, computer science, physics or math.
- Strong C / C++, programming skills.
- Hardware development experience.
- Excellent communicator, ability to learn quickly and enthusiastically.
Qualified candidates are invited to express their interest in the vacancy or
ask for more detailed information.
Remunerations will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. To be
considered for the Research Fellow appointment, the following materials must
be submitted electronically by the applicant:
1. Brief CV (resume) including a list of publications,
2. Duly completed Personal Particular Form (HR047/08) (download at
3. Duplicate educational certificates,
4. Detailed research plan (including the scope of research and its
importance to basic technical and scientific knowledge or to specific
5. Statement of research interests and goals, including the reason for
participation in this program,
6. Copies of three best research publications (if any),
7. Three reference letters or contacts (preferably academic), and
8. For Singapore permanent resident, a photocopy of NRIC and re-entry
permit; For Employment Pass holder, a photocopy of EP card and passport.
For further details contact Prof. Shuzhi Sam GE, email: srl at nus.edu.sg
Position description is available at
More information about the Social Robotics Lab at
More information about the robotics-worldwide