[robotics-worldwide] ICRA 2010 Workshop on Innovative Robot Control Architectures - Call for Participation

Daniel Kubus dku at rob.cs.tu-bs.de
Tue Mar 23 05:56:01 PDT 2010

Please feel free to forward this message to interested colleagues.

We apologize if you receive this email more than once.

*2nd Call for Participation*

ICRA 2010 Workshop on

Innovative Robot Control Architectures for Demanding (Research)
Applications
- How to Modify and Enhance Commercial Controllers

http://www.rob.cs.tu-bs.de/icra2010

Dear colleagues,

we kindly invite you to participate in our workshop on "Innovative Robot
Control Architectures for Demanding (Research) Applications - How to
Modify and Enhance Commercial Controllers" to be held in conjunction
with ICRA 2010, Anchorage, USA, on Monday, May 3rd, 9:00am - 12:30am.

The complete list of speakers and detailed information on each
contribution are now available on our workshop website
http://www.rob.cs.tu-bs.de/icra2010. A tentative schedule will follow soon.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Anchorage!

-----------------------
Abstract
-----------------------

Numerous demanding robotics applications and research projects employing
commercial manipulators require high-rate low-level interfaces to the
robot hardware. Often the performance of robotics systems and the
quality of research results could be improved significantly by employing
an appropriate low-level control interface to the robot hardware instead
of the original controller. The controllers provided by manufacturers
often lack high-rate low-latency communication interfaces - if a
low-level control interface and sufficient computing power are provided
at all.

This workshop will provide hands-on advice on how to implement open
control interfaces for commercial manipulators of several popular
manufacturers. Moreover, it will address control and software issues
such as interface design, suitable control approaches, and the lower
layers of control architectures, which significantly influence the
performance of a system.

-----------------------
List of Topics
-----------------------

* Modifying commercial manipulator controllers for high-rate
   low-level control (implementations based on major manufacturers
   like ABB, Comau, Kuka, Mitsubishi, Stäubli)
* Low-level control interfaces: paradigms and implementation issues
* Manipulator control software architectures: the lower layers
* Open source robot control software
* Control algorithms
* Multi sensor integration
* Software tools and code generation

-----------------------
Organizers
-----------------------

Daniel Kubus (point of contact)
TU Braunschweig
Institut fuer Robotik und Prozessinformatik
Germany
dku at rob.cs.tu-bs.de
http://www.rob.cs.tu-bs.de/en/organization/staff/dku

Prof. Klas Nilsson