[robotics-worldwide] RSS 2010 Workshop on Medical Robots: Enabling Technologies for Image-Guided Robotic Interventional Procedures

Fischer, Gregory S. gfischer at WPI.EDU
Tue Mar 30 14:47:19 PDT 2010

Dear Colleagues,

We are hosting a medical robotics workshop at RSS this year. The primary focus will be on Enabling Technologies for Image-Guided Robotic Interventional Procedures.

Workshop website (which includes a list of invited speakers):
http://aimlab.wpi.edu/rssworkshop/

We are soliciting short papers for the proceedings of the workshop, which will be included in the Robotics Science and Systems Conference Proceedings DVD. The papers should be 4 pages in length in standard IEEE conference format. Papers will be reviewed for quality and relevance. At least one author of each accepted paper must attend the workshop. Depending on number of accepted papers and space available, our intent is to consider holding a poster session where accepted short papers can be presented.

Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
. Novel sensors and actuators for robotic surgery
. Haptic feedback techniques
. Needle steering and path planning
. Image-based targeting and guidance
. Interactive image-guided motion planning
. Telesurgery control systems
. Safety and human-computer interaction (both patient and clinician side)
. Successful clinical implementations and case studies

Important Dates:
4 Page Paper Submission: April 30, 2010
Notification of Acceptance: May 14, 2010
Final Submission: May 23, 2010
Registration Deadline: June 1, 2010

Workshop: June 28, 2010

Best Regards,