[robotics-worldwide] A robotics job posting - please post to robotics-wprldwide

M. Bernardine Dias mbdias at ri.cmu.edu
Sun May 2 06:02:10 PDT 2010

Opening for a senior research engineer in robotics at Carnegie Mellon's
campus, located in Doha, Qatar. The position is available immediately
and the start date will be as soon as possible.

Our robotics research group is looking for a talented senior research
engineer with significant, hands-on experience with mechatronic,
embedded, and  robotic platform development. The ideal candidate will be
the primary hardware
developer for all the projects in our robotics lab. Our lab focuses on a
range of research problems centered on educational tools and games,
perception, multi-robot control, human-robot interaction, educational
robotics, and robot learning. Our group's mission is to develop and
field computing and robotics technology for use in industrial
environments, such as Oil & Gas plants, in the community in Qatar, and
in a variety of community-impact projects including developing and
under-resourced communities around the world.

Successful candidates will have extensive experience and proven skills in:
* Mobile robotics platform enhancement/development
* Printed Circuit Board (PCBs) development
* Low-power micro-controller based embedded systems development
* Mechatronic system development incorporating DC motors, custom drive
circuits, various state of the art sensors
* Mill/lathe machining experience
* Solid works and/or ProE experience
* Altium designer or similar software experience
* Embedded C/C++ experience
* Recharging circuits

Our projects involve work at both the Pittsburgh and Qatar campuses, and
occasional travel to the US and to international conferences is an
expected part of the job.

Carnegie Mellon offers very competitive salaries and benefits for
residing in Qatar.

For more information on Carnegie Mellon's Qatar effort, please visit
http://www.qatar.cmu.edu.

Please send all resumes and references to:

Dr. M. Bernardine Dias <mbdias at cs.cmu.edu>

M. Bernardine Dias, Ph.D.

Assistant Research Professor, Robotics Institute
Founder and Director, TechBridgeWorld (www.techbridgeworld.org)
Co-Founder and Co-Director, rCommerce Robotics Lab, Pittsburgh
Co-Founder and Co-Director, Qri8 Robotics Lab, Doha
School of Computer Science
Pittsburgh and Doha Campuses
Carnegie Mellon University