[robotics-worldwide] Healthcare Robotics - Mechanical and Control Engineering openings at Hstar Technologies, San Francisco

Jeffrey Scott jscott at hstartech.com
Mon May 3 09:41:30 PDT 2010

Mechanical and Control Engineering Positions in Healthcare Robotics

Two full-time positions are currently available at the San Francisco, CA
offices of Hstar Technologies, in Mechanical Design and Manipulator
Controls.  Hstar, a spin-off from MIT CSAIL, seeks to enhance patient
care through the use of robotic technologies. Successful candidates will
be part of a team that will design and implement a high-strength mobile
manipulator capable of working safely around people.

Please submit your resume and supporting material such as design
portfolios to jobs at hstar-dev.com.  On the subject line, please specify
the position to which you are applying.  No drop-ins or phone calls,
please.

Position:  Manipulator Control and Embedded Systems Engineer:
We seek strong candidates in robot control and embedded systems
engineering to lead development of manipulator control software and
embedded control electronics, including system development, integration
and testing.  We prefer candidates with:

- Experience with programming dexterous manipulators, kinematic and
dynamic control of high degree-of-freedom manipulation systems;
- Familiarity with force feedback control, trajectory tracking control
and impedance control;
- Experience with sensor and actuator characterization and tuning;
- Experience with design and programming of embedded control electronics;
- Strong computer programming skills in C/C++ and Python;
- Knowledgeable in mechanical design using Solidworks etc (not required);
- Experience managing engineering teams in a small, start-up environment
- Works well in a team environment.

A Masters or Ph.D. degree with  3-5 years of relevant experience is
preferred.

Position:  Senior Mechanical Engineer
We seek strong candidates in mechanical engineering to lead development
of high strength dexterous manipulators and graspers, including system
development, integration and testing.  We prefer candidates with strong
experience in:

- Robot mechanism design
- Electric motor actuator and precision gearbox design
- Design for manufacturing of production mechanical systems
- Sourcing components and working with vendors
- Assembly and machining of mechanical systems
- Solidworks, MS Office
- Works well in a team environment.

A Masters or Ph.D. degree with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience
is preferred.

Please send email to:   jobs at hstar-dev.com
John Hu, President
Jeff Scott, Operations