[robotics-worldwide] WAFR 2010: workshop format adjustment

David Hsu dyhsu at comp.nus.edu.sg
Sat May 22 01:38:02 PDT 2010

The WAFR 2010 organization committee received comments from a number
of people regarding the new workshop format and its potential
implication on the acceptance rate for contributed papers.

make some adjustments to the workshop format:

* Presentations of all contributed papers will have the same amount of
time.
* Time dedicated for discussion may be planned at the end of sessions.

This way, topics for discussion can be focused and tailored to the
interest of workshop participants. As stated earlier, one primary
objective of WAFR 2010 is to encourage interactions and discussions
among the participants.

We would also like to stress that there is no specific limit on the
number of accepted papers. It is anticipated that the number of
accepted papers will be comparable to earlier WAFRs. All accepted
papers will have the same maximum page length in the published
proceedings.

WAFR 2010 Organization Commitee
David Hsu, Volkan Isler, Jean-Claude Latombe, and Ming Lin