[robotics-worldwide] UC Berkeley Motion Planning Post-Doc Position

Ken Goldberg goldberg at berkeley.edu
Fri May 28 08:27:53 PDT 2010

Seeking: Post-Doc with expertise in Robot Motion Planning and
Geometric Algorithms for research on Medical Robotics

My group is developing algorithms for medical robotics such as Steering
Flexible Needles in Soft Tissues, and Robust Intelligent Manipulation and
Apprenticeship Learning for Robotic Surgical Assistants.  I'm seeking a
highly qualified post-doctoral student with experience in motion planning,
algorithms, and experimental evaluation.  This position will include
opportunities to work closely with undergraduates, graduate students,
other faculty at Berkeley such as Pieter Abbeel, and our collaborators at
UCSF, Johns Hopkins, Case-Western, and U. Washington and opportunities for
experimental work on the Willow Garage PR2.

More info is available at:
http://automation.berkeley.edu/projects/needlesteering/

Starting as early as July 2010.

============================
If qualified, please email Ken in plain text (not .doc or .pdf):

1. brief summary of qualifications, experience
2. PhD institution
3. Dissertation title, abstract
4. expected graduation date
5. name and email of advisor
6. link to website
7. availability to meet during ICRA 2010.

Please also attach your CV  as .pdf file.

Please put CANDIDATE ROBOTICS POSTDOC on the Subject line and email to:
Ken Goldberg <goldberg at berkeley.edu>

Thank you!

Ken